E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I drive a facelift coupe and like many other users have expressed, the front bumper feels like its... missing something. So I was inspired by a user on here named Flop who made this prefacelift front lip from eBay fit

So I bit the bullet and jumped right in. About a week and a half later it showed up in a gigantic package and I got to work.

So if you look at the ebay picture, you can see that the inside of the lip curves around the bumper, but that doesn't fit the facelift front bumper, so I had to mark the shape and cut it with a jigsaw

Afterwards I had to do a lot of sanding so it looked semi-professional (as professional as a guy in his driveway on a saturday can be lol).

Now onto test fitting (check out the makeshift stand to hold it up :loco: :lmao: )

(I hadnt done most of the sanding here so it's not as smooth as it should be)

(truly professional grade)

Onward to painting (which I am horrible at, so please don't look too closely)

The lip is held on by screws on the inside of the fender well, and the lip is ever-so-slightly too short so on the passenger side you can see it poke out a bit. So overall it was pretty simple, the most difficult part was absolutely the painting. I'm currently in the process of doing that again lol. I think it gives the facelift front bumper a better look than it normally has, let me know what you all think. Also, none of the pictures of the finished product are super great so if you all want to see more, let me know!

·
Registered
15,444 Posts
Why not doin it right? there is no need for a pro molder. make it look oem. any shop would paint it for about 150 if is prepped...As an example I did mine a few years back.

[/URL]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts