BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[featureimg='BMW F30 3 series Gran Turismo exposed"]http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2013-bmw-3-series-gran-turismo-spy-shots_100410956_l.jpg[/featureimg]

The BMW 3 series Gran Turismo F34 has finally been spotted in the final sheet metal. BMW retains the F30 sedan headlight shape and front end, adds in the the F32 coupe side vents (F32 4 series coupe exposed) and grafts on the hatch back and rear end of a 5 series GT. The design appears disjointed, as if different designers worked on the front, middle and rear and then slapped them together.

Besides the general displeasing overall lines the much dislike F32 4 series fender vent also gets tacked on as a final design attempt. Unfortunately with the 3 series GT getting the vent it must be conceded that the fender vent is here to stay. In fact the most concerning thing to be taken away from this is if BMW is putting the vent on the 3 series GT line, could it end up on the 3 series sedan?

One good note about the vent is it appears to be color coded to the trim level, or in BMW lingo, the 'line'. The modern line gets matte silver, the luxury will likely be body colored, sport and M sport will be high gloss black as seen on the sport line 4 series F32 and M Sport F34 3 series GT.

BMW continues to expand its model offerings with the F3x chassis. Not only is the 3 series 3 series naming being split into the 3 and 4 series but they're also dramatically expanding the number of variants. The F3x lineup in total will include -
  • F30 3 Series Sedan
  • F31 3 Series Touring
  • F32 4 Series Coupe
  • F33 4 Series Convertible
  • F34 3 Series (GT) Gran Touring
  • F35 3 Series Long Wheelbase - built in China for the Chinese market
  • F36 4 Series Gran Coupe

The F34 3 series Gran Turismo will come with the same engine and transmission options in the F30 sedan so nothing too exciting there. The big question is will it come to the US? BMW brought the 5 series GT state side as a replacement for the 5 series wagon. With the 3 series wagon confirmed for US soil in spring of 2013 does it make sense to have both in the market?

Flip over to Motor Authority to see the entire gallery and then let us know what you think of the F34 3 series GT.

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
I'm going to withhold final judgement till I put my hands on one.... but most likely I'll pass on the GT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts