BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BMW F30 Brake upgrade with M Performance Parts

Turner Motorsport picked up one of the first F30 N55 power 335i in Alpine White this February and has had the pedal to the metal modifying their F30 development car. It started with a set of H&R sport springs, then came the 20" Forgelines and now they've installed the first set of BMW M Performance Parts Brakes.

BMW M Performance Parts is BMW's answer to us, the enthusiasts and our thirst for modifications for our cars. BMW realized there was a demand for factory backed parts that increase the performance of our BMWs and started making parts. The F30 BMW M Performance Parts offering ranges from brakes to carbon fiber interior trim to black kidney grills and more. The M Performance Parts are OEM quality and let you customize your F30 to suit your tastes. Read about the entire line of M Performance Parts in our recent article.

BMW M Performance Parts Brakes Installed

Our friends at Turner Motorsport got the first set of brakes and their factory trained technicians bolted them on this week. The brakes are made for BMW by Brembo and sport 4 piston fixed aluminum calipers riding on 370mm rotors up front and two piston fixed aluminum calipers over 345mm rear rotors.

The new brakes draw attention to the wheels with the bright yellow peaking out behind the matte gray Forgelines. The rotors are both slotted and drilled drawing attention to their size. Aesthetically the brakes clean up the car considerably over the dull gray of the stock 335i calipers. If you have a 328i the visual improvement is significant over the ugly floating calipers and tiny rotors.

On the road the F30 335i brake performance is improved with a more confident pedal feel and a perceived reduction in stopping distance. The brakes increased size shines in repetitive heavy braking where their resistance to fade is much greater then stock. The brake improvement on the F30 328i will be even greater as the stock brake system is almost undersized and the pedal feel leaves something to be desired.

The complete kit sells for $2,460.85 on TurnerMotorsport.com and TMS's service department can install them for you. If you're a DIYer we're told the installation is very easy, almost plug and play. The rotors install just like the stocks (but are more massive) and the kit comes with all the bolts, sensor, etc. that you need to install the brakes with out a hitch. It is recommend that you have your ECU flashed to update the DSC with the increased stopping power information.

BMW M Performance Brake Kit for BMW F30 3 series

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Those brakes look really great behind those forgelines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts