BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've seen plenty of 328i and 335i test mules in the swirly camo paint BMW uses to hide the final design but we haven't seen the M3, until now. This test mule sports the telltale M3 upgrades including 19" wheels, bigger cross drilled brakes, and a quad exhaust. While the body looks similar to the 335i we've already seen the final M3 will sport wide fender arches made of fiber reenforced plastic body panels for up to 50% weight savings over steel panels.

The F30 M3 will be powered by a tri-turbo 6 cylinder with one of the turbos electrically powered. The new engine will produce monster power typical of M cars but with more fuel efficiency. It's a brave new world when a performance car has to also be fuel efficient.

Check out the pictures and then let us know what you think - http://www.autowereld.com/spyshots/detail.asp?artikel=11989

Look for more exciting news about the F30 and F30 M3 soon!

Attachments

·
Mod Junkie
1,093 Posts
Great to see them out testing the M3. I know it is a ways behind but it is nice to finally see some shots of it.

I like the concept of improved fuel economy and massive power....best of both worlds if the M division can really make it work well!

·
Registered
522 Posts
The concept of the three turbos still makes me :hmm:

I like the body but no coupe?!

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have yet to see any coupe test mules running around. The coupe launch is still a good year or so away I believe.

Tim

·
Registered
575 Posts
The concept of the three turbos still makes me :hmm:

I like the body but no coupe?!
I think BMW releases the Coupe bodystyle a MY after the sedan.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Correct! The coupe is always a model year (MY) behind the sedan. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing coupe spy shots any day now.
This is true. I just figured with 2012 almost here the spy shots would be out for coupe :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts