E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you fix a bent wheel in NY ?
I also have one with curb rash.

I hit a pothole last night that slashed my tire on the side a bit. The tire shop patched it. I drove to NJ and no problems. Do you think its safe to drive with a tire that has a patch on the side?

HELP I AM GETTTING PISSED HERE

:ben: :ben: :ben:

·
www.piratecove.org
3,677 Posts
how big are your tires
i never run ones with a lower profile ones this time of year, but i have seen lots of people doing that lately...seen lots ending up getting their tires messed up too.

other then that i dunno what to tell you other then to be careful
gl

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
tell me about it.... I had just switched back to my 18's from winter tires and got a rash from a pot hole already :ben: :banghead: :ben:

Decided it was too early and just put back on my winter wheels until later in March

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am submiting claim for a bent wheel and slashed tire to the NYC DOT. And great news is MORE F SNOW coming on thursday.

·
Registered
170 Posts
what can u do, ny streets r horrible, have u seen the big ass potholes on the BQE :thumbdwn: I caught a flat last thursday and had to fix it 2. I;m getting 19's this week but i'm only gonna put them in mid or late march. I wonder how long they will last without gettin bent. I say 2 weeks:banghead:

·
Registered
170 Posts
yeah i know but i just want to have nice rims for a while. I figure it will only last me this summer, than i will just get m68's and keep those. i got the cheap ass 16's now.:ben: plus im gettin the 19's for real cheap:thumbup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
honestly i wish you well, but i give you a week before you bend one or get curb rash, pothole rash ........sorry man. But been there done that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts