BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyones eyelids fit tight on the front and the part that is under the weather strip?

The front part going down towards the ground closest to the hood and grill does not stay tight to the headlight on mine. I do not think its noticeable, but could be an issue when drying with a towel.

·
E46 FANATIK
525 Posts
im guessing urs are hamann?>:dunno:

i just installed mine today and it looks ok and fits alright. i used 3m tape and pressed the hell out of that thing.

·
Flex UK Style
2,552 Posts
It should fit tight. How did you intall them? I used an epoxy resin, but when I placed the eyelid on the headlight and indicator unit, I had a friend tape them down with masking tape really tightly, then I left it for about 4 hours to cure. The result, no lifting around the edges.

Here's a pic of my fitment, Let me know if you want a real close-up and I'll take one for you in the morning.

·
Registered
77 Posts
How do you remove the turn signals with these things installed. Do you have to remove the entire headlight assembly to change the corner bulb?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big - Mine go down further than yours close to the grill.

I used the 3m tape. Mine are shaped like and "L" that goes over the light.

·
1,087 Posts
PB_M3 said:
How do you remove the turn signals with these things installed. Do you have to remove the entire headlight assembly to change the corner bulb?
this IS THE QUESTION :dunno: some should start a thread on this alone.
i have kamei's. the glue that it comes with is good and gummy but hard to find.
when ive had to change a bulb , i have to pull off the weather strip and pull the eyelid over the fender corner and slide out the light. after doin the a few times the glue isnt as good and eyelid corners will start to stick up. one of them cracked off which i glued back the other is cracking cuz of so many time ive had to replace the bulbs. i have to buy new eyelids soon soon :sad: this would be my 3rd set my 1st were stolen :ben:
if anyone knows a better way to glue them back please share.

·
Registered
11,269 Posts
thats y u guys should use heavy duty double sided sticky tape. does the same job as the glue, but its not as hard to remove the eyelids after. I've had my eyelids on for a year now with the double sided tape, not one problem yet

and yea, put the weather strip over it too

·
Banned
2,543 Posts
MIAMITOPAZ said:

this IS THE QUESTION :dunno: some should start a thread on this alone.
i have kamei's. the glue that it comes with is good and gummy but hard to find.
when ive had to change a bulb , i have to pull off the weather strip and pull the eyelid over the fender corner and slide out the light. after doin the a few times the glue isnt as good and eyelid corners will start to stick up. one of them cracked off which i glued back the other is cracking cuz of so many time ive had to replace the bulbs. i have to buy new eyelids soon soon :sad: this would be my 3rd set my 1st were stolen :ben:
if anyone knows a better way to glue them back please share.

what I did on mine hamman eyelids is to used 3M VELCRO (sp).

It works flawlessly when wanting to change the bulbs or removing the eyelids.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is how mine looks from the side. Notice closest to where the hood comes down between the lights (the part that has the kidney grills) there is a slight separation from the light to the eyelid. I have a square of 3m tape in there, but if you press on it, it sticks tight and then slowly pops out. I think the problem is how the "L" shape on the top part of the light is fitting, it causes the eyelid to move back to its normal shape. When I press it in, it keeps contorts the eyelid somewhat.

I have my weather strips reinstalled and they had no impact (on or off) for my eyelids.

I think it looks ok, just was concerned its not a tight fit.

(not sure why it makes the picture small here is the link to the gallery http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3246/16259fronteye-thumb.jpg
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/3246/16259sideeye-thumb.jpg

From the front:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts