BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spotted this today lol They darkened the windows but you could totally tell that my windshield banner is still on the car. Photoshopped the wheels, vents, and kidney grills. Then cropped the photos.

Couldn't link the pictures on the site so I took a screenshot.

From ED :facepalm::

Originals:

Here's the link to the page for those who are interested:
http://extremedimensions.com/2002-2006-BMW-M3-E46-2DR-AF-2-Hood-GFK-1-Piece.html

I don't appreciate how they stole my pictures and modified it :thumbdwn: Contacted them to see if they will take it down.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Ironic that they have this right next to your pics:

Copyrights/Trademarks
All content distributed and created by Extreme Dimensions, Inc., such as images or videos are the property of Extreme Dimensions, Inc., and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on these sites may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws, and will result in criminal or civil penalties.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Technically you have no right to ask them to take them down as you gave up copyright when you made them available online without a similar statement as they put on it.

I would chalk it up as funny and be mildly flattered. No big deal.

·
// Quandt AG (Retired) //
3,700 Posts
Technically you have no right to ask them to take them down as you gave up copyright when you made them available online without a similar statement as they put on it.

I would chalk it up as funny and be mildly flattered. No big deal.
Well not necessarily. if he posted them here they are not in the public domain. When you sign up for things like Fanatics you agree to terms and conditions. One of those is you transfer ownership of photos and anything else you upload or post. ED could have actually purchased these images from the website where the op posted. Here is the statement for this website/forum:

Except as otherwise indicated, the Site, and all text, images, marks, logos and other content displayed on the Site, including, without limitation, all logos, designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, Content (as defined below) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Site Content") are the proprietary property of performanceIX or its licensors or users and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The Site and all Site Content is © 2011 performanceIX, Inc., All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Meh who cares. I prefer their e46 to yours anyway even though the hood vents are stupid on any car. Perhaps OP is embarrassed that the borrowed version of his ride is actually more tasteful.:dunno:

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,403 Posts
yep that's your car. I know how you feel, a company did the same to my 323Ci. except they just removed my license plate. at first I was like excited, "there's my car!". which quickly turned to an irritated, "hey! there's my car..."

I sent a bunch of emails but they just ignored them. until they get something from a lawyer, theyre not gonna do a thing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Meh who cares. I prefer their e46 to yours anyway even though the hood vents are stupid on any car. Perhaps OP is embarrassed that the borrowed version of his ride is actually more tasteful.:dunno:
I'm all for ventless hoods for sure, but I don't really think OP is embarrassed at all. I think he's just annoyed that they couldn't at least reach out to him and ask for permission to use his photos. Sure, they're public, blahblahblah, but I wouldn't expect any company to do this type of thing without asking first.

As for your signature... :rofl: Tyson is a riot.

·
Registered
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have them uploaded to photobucket and I think I posted these on here, not sure. Yeah I'm annoyed that they didn't ask me. I'm also annoyed because it's clearly false advertising. I know their actual hood look nothing like mines. They sell the ones that like dtm-spec has where the vents are like plastic pieces that are added after and the washer grill part is integrated to the hood. I believe they did this on a sedan as well where they took someones sedan pictures and posted it as being their hood too.

It's also funny cause I actually have black kidney grills lol And the vents do come black, why didn't they just take secono's car? They they wouldn't have to photoshop it at all lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don't really understand what the big deal is... Who cares?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
It's disturbing how a company will steal images without compensation to the person that created the image. I make my living as a photographer and encourage people to read a little about Copyright Law. If you registered the images with LOC, the offender would be facing a hefty settlement but you can still expect something if you didn't register. Take a screenshot then put the burden on them to produce a licensing agreement for the image.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
with all due respect to those involved, if you can honestly say, that you have never, ever downloaded something without paying for it , then you have a case, if you have, what goes around comes around

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
with all due respect to those involved, if you can honestly say, that you have never, ever downloaded something without paying for it , then you have a case, if you have, what goes around comes around
It's not really the same thing. I never downloaded something, passed it off as my own work or something I have permission to use, and then used that for advertising products I sell.

·
:D
7,814 Posts
I don't really understand what the big deal is... Who cares?

Because people actually make money taking photographs. And stealing photographs is BS.
Btw, posting pictures online does not remove the copyright. A copyright does not need to be displayed in order for the material to posses it.

Jeez you people are ignorant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OMG man what do you want a metal or $1000 gift for a picture you took with your iPhone at a car show? Be flattered that they used your car. You make it sound like they your your girlfriends nudes..

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.