E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2004 325ci
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So I purchased new headlights from Italy and finally got them. Everything switched over perfectly but when I went to plug in all the wires I have an extra plug and this extra light inside the headlight. Is this for DRL? Or extra light for highbeam? It is right below the high beam bulb.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Light
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Coil Automotive design
Should I wire this together with something so it turns on with high or low at same time? Thanks all

· Registered
36 Posts
It looks like a parking light. But it's normally integral part of headlight so it's connector is not dangling on a cable.

All European cars have parking light, which is a 5W bulb in headlight. Used when you stop or park temporarily on roadside in the dark. Does US cars have it too?

· Registered
2000 323i
475 Posts
Us cars use their corner lights as parking lights and we in Europe use additional small bulbs for this purpose as stated above. And that’s exactly what your small bulbs are. And it has me thinking that you can just leave them unplugged?

· Registered
2004 325ci
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet yes I won't need those for where I live. Bummer I will have a dangling wire there it will irritate me some maybe I will tuck it into the light. Thought about wiring it up to when my Angel eyes are on but than it will take away the look of the angel eyes. Thank you all for your help I figured it was something to do with European cars and not in the US.

· Registered
2004 325ci
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK also after opening the headlight up there is a plug inside not connected to anything. It goes to a single wire plug. Is there something else missing inside? I don't see anything inside my headlight to switch over to it.
Electrical wiring Gas Electric blue Cable Wire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Electrical wiring
Tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts