BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 330Ci is gettin close to that 3yr/36,000 mile marker, and my local dealer just offered me to extend the maintenance contract to 50,000 miles for $650.00.

Yay, or nay?

-moo

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
I'd do it, just extra peace of mind until 50k miles. I purchased the extended 7/100 warranty when I bought my car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i dont have the money for the extended warrenty and im at 35000 miles!!!! i was wondering if i can get it even after the factory warrenty expires?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I guess you have to play the odds. You going to do anything major on your car that they can't weasel out of in the next 14k miles?

·
Registered
312 Posts
MooDogg,Thats odd that your dealer is asking $650.I got a letter in the mail from my dealer in August 2002 and wanted $499 for the same thing. Check into it . if you ned a copy of the letter let me know and I'll fax it over to you.
good luck
vern

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Prices vary according to how many miles you currently have on your car. And some dealers are willing to make less cheese on the warranty deal.

·
mod bug resistant
617 Posts
My dealer tried selling me this extended maintenance (upto 50K miles) for $700 and then lowered to $600. I still didn't get it. It gives you what, 1 free oil change? Brakes should be replaced around 30-36K miles anyway. Even if you have to replace brakes and change oil during the 36-50K miles period, it's not going to cost $600. Not worth it in my opinion.

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
AndyXXL said:
My dealer tried selling me this extended maintenance (upto 50K miles) for $700 and then lowered to $600. I still didn't get it. It gives you what, 1 free oil change? Brakes should be replaced around 30-36K miles anyway. Even if you have to replace brakes and change oil during the 36-50K miles period, it's not going to cost $600. Not worth it in my opinion.
I wouldnt just get the extended for just free brake pads, im thinking about what could happen. For those who have never had to pay for BMW parts and labor out of pocket, it hurts, really really hurts. For $1500-1700, I think, you could get 100k mile warranty. I think that is more worth it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got mine for 450 when I bought the car as a CPO. I think it is worth it. If something does go wrong it will probally happen after that point anyway

·
Registered
193 Posts
MooDogg said:
my 330Ci is gettin close to that 3yr/36,000 mile marker, and my local dealer just offered me to extend the maintenance contract to 50,000 miles for $650.00.

Yay, or nay?

-moo
I got the extended maintenance warranty from AutoBahn BMW in Fort Worth, TX and they only charged me $400.00. You can call them at 817-336-0885 and ask to speak to Bill in finance. He can take all your info over the phone and send you the receipt with the warranty. Good luck.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
According to Edmunds, you are better off paying for the maintenance when it needs to be done than paying for it in advance. They suggest that generally, the advance maintenance pkg prices would cost more than what it would cost if you payed for maintenance when it was done (when it was needed, and not in advance through these extended maintenance contracts).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the information guys. Don't you just love that supporting community that we all share? hehe. happy turkey day~!

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
Two questions :
How long before your original 4/50 expire, can you apply for extended one ?
Also does the extended warranty is the same as the standard one, in the way as does it cover everything : engine,tranny, body, interior problem/defects and so on ......?

THX

3C

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts