E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put in an exhaust... just the muffler right now. I have a 2002 330ci and I am looking strictly for performance (HP) gain. Which one should I buy or does it really not add much at all...(not looking to spend more than about $500)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Jayman864 said:
Has anyone done a dyno after adding a performace exhaust to test the gain??
Most of the companies (AA, B&B Triflo, etc) show the dyno chart before and after...and they are pretty reasonable. I would check out their websites:

some exhaust manufacturers:
Supersprint, AC Schnizter, Hamann, Active Autowerke (AA), B&B Triflo, UUC Motorwerks, Rogue Engineering

The biggest improvements from exhaust will probably come from:
GReddy and Borla...these exhausts are a little bit more expensive, but are full catback systems instead of the ones above that are just rear resonator back.

UUC has a new full catback coming out but it won't be released for a couple of weeks or so and there is no info on it yet!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Jayman864 said:
so shouold I get an exhaust or not... lol
Sure, it is a nice mod, you will notice a difference, and if you plan on seriously modding your car..necessary. But don't think that putting an exhaust on your car is going to make a neck breaking difference in power---it's not like you'll be able to smoke Camaro Z28s or M3's or what have you. The look and more importantly the sound of the car will be completely changed....it will sound much meaner and sportier.

Now if it was a choice of getting an exhaust now or saving up for that ESS supercharger...the money would stay in the bank account~

·
Registered
874 Posts
Jayman864 said:
so... what should i get?
Well do you want a loud exhaust? quiet? Everyone has their opinions and preferences. I wanted an exhaust that was really quiet when driving around town...but was deep and throaty and somewhat loud when you really nail the gas....I got the the Active Autowerke and I love it. Seriously, when you are driving around town, it sounds completely stock. And when you floor it, it sounds completley different!

If you want it loud enough to be able to turn heads as you drive by, check out the B&B Triflo, Rogue Engineering, or UUC, or even the Dinan...they are somewhat louder.

How much did you want to spend again? And which model do you have?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Jayman864 said:
About how much do they all add..?? dont wanna spend 300$ on 5 horses...
Probably not even 5... :eek:
Even the experts have spoken. Choose an exhaust for the sound, look, and quality, not for the power. (specifically our cars)

·
Registered
874 Posts
You know, you could probably find a used exhaust like I did pretty cheap...I got mine for like $325....do a search in the FOR SALE forum...i think there is a Dinan one for sale for a 330!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Alright buddy heres the deal. If your looking for HP gain, all of the exhausts people are talking about in this post have pretty much the same HP gain. I have a 330ci just like you, and I wanted a throaty sound to turn heads, but I was also concerned with HP gain just like you. After much debate, after listening to the UUC, Dinan, and the B&B, the B&B was the winner. I absolutely love the B&B Triflow exhaust on my car. The Dinan is more on the quiet side, and also drones on the highway. Dinan makes nice products, but there exhaust is no match for the B&B. When I bought my exhaust it said max. hp gain would be 8 hp, I gained 7 so they were pretty close. Going with the B&B was the best 600 bucks I've ever spent on my car. I love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts