BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at exhausts recently and have noticed the euro-spec clamp on style muffler but the price was a bit steep, I thought I mind as well just get a BMW performance for that price. Then i went on eBay and saw this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1892wt_939 is this the same as the euro-spec esr clamp on, sure looks to be, and what do you think of it?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been looking at exhausts recently and have noticed the euro-spec clamp on style muffler but the price was a bit steep, I thought I mind as well just get a BMW performance for that price. Then i went on eBay and saw this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1892wt_939 is this the same as the euro-spec esr clamp on, sure looks to be, and what do you think of it?
Thanks in advance
i just bought the euro-spec. its amzing turst me. sounds like 2x better than a G35 stock :]

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have the euro-spec too and it's amazing. The clamp-on exhaust you posted a link to doesn't look as good as the euro-spec, and the tips seem to be shaped a bit differently.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Thanks in advance
No, not the same as euro-spec, you can tell by looking inside the tailpipes actually. The site you posted they are stainless all the way through, euro-specs have a texture inside. And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ES muffler has 3.5" outlet.

I also have the euro-spec exhausted and honestly, the price is well worth it.

·
Banned
3 Posts
No, not the same as euro-spec, you can tell by looking inside the tailpipes actually. The site you posted they are stainless all the way through, euro-specs have a texture inside. And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ES muffler has 3.5" outlet.

I also have the euro-spec exhausted and honestly, the price is well worth it.
Yup, the price is great.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Why the heck are we talking about a almost $300 Ebay muffler, when for $556 shipped to your door you could have one of the best sounding / best performing Cat-Back exhausts you can get.

Cheapest place I know for Magnaflow #16533

Search part #16533.....Add to cart....Recalc/Update Order....then use this code, "audipipes"

http://www.performancepeddler.com/

$556.65
sale price

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
magnaflow or highline are the only catbacks made correctly, proper pipe size and a crossover, i think the highline is still hard to get

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why the heck are we talking about a almost $300 Ebay muffler, when for $556 shipped to your door you could have one of the best sounding / best performing Cat-Back exhausts you can get.

Search part #16533.....Add to cart....Recalc/Update Order....then use this code, "audipipes"

$556.65
sale price

Good luck.
Thats a really good price! The lowest I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

$556.65
sale price

Good luck.
Thanks for talking some sense into me. The reason why i was looking at Euro-spec is because since exhaust provide minimal hp i thought i mind as well just buy a muffler.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Thanks for talking some sense into me. The reason why i was looking at Euro-spec is because since exhaust provide minimal hp i thought i mind as well just buy a muffler.

Your welcome.

Not only does this make about 5WHP, it also weighs a lot less than stock.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your welcome.

Good luck.
Really 5whp? That's not bad then I've been hearing 2-3hp. When i get the money I'll do that, people are saying that you shouldn't mod a 325ci but i began any way the car is transforming plenty if you ask me I have a shark injector, bmw performance intake, and Turner Underdrive pulleys the car feels great, but it needs a louder growl. Sooner or later i will supercharge it. :4ngie:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your welcome.

Good luck.
This is a bit off topic, but do lightweight rims really make much of a difference i was looking at either Apex arc8 :drool: or LTW-5.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
This is a bit off topic, but do lightweight rims really make much of a difference i was looking at either Apex arc8 :drool: or LTW-5.

YES.

But what size & exactly how much do they weigh ?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
YES.

Simply said, accelerating & decelerating(for braking) a much lighter wheel & tire combo is like adding more HP.

I don't know what wheels your running, my 330Ci has the M68; these weigh 22LBS each. Going to a wheel that weighs 16LBS is a considerable weight savings, times 4 equals 24LBS total pounds of weight you just took away.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Really 5whp? That's not bad then I've been hearing 2-3hp. When i get the money I'll do that, people are saying that you shouldn't mod a 325ci but i began any way the car is transforming plenty if you ask me I have a shark injector, bmw performance intake, and Turner Underdrive pulleys the car feels great, but it needs a louder growl. Sooner or later i will supercharge it. :4ngie:
That's what they say about the 323 and 328..at least the 325 gets a few more options when it comes to aftermarket parts. I think overall gains vs 323/328 are less though.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That's what they say about the 323 and 328..at least the 325 gets a few more options when it comes to aftermarket parts. I think overall gains vs 323/328 are less though.
You seem to know a lil bit more.

So headers+full cat back + no cats- what kinda gains overs all?

Thanks just there doesn't seem too be a real number out there

One other ? 3 in or 2.5. I am planing by sometime in the next you to get the ts2 s/c before I ship out

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

1 - 20 of 47 Posts