Votes: 32 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 11.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im thinking if i should get an exhaust for my e46. Our cars are BMWs so im not sure if a VROOM VROOM exhaust would fit its profile. Dont want to be ricey.

BTW, Exhaust that i have in mind is ARQRAY.

·
Bahn Burnah
2,438 Posts
depends what you are looking for. If you just want good sound, but not big power boost, go with REMUS, on the opposite end is B&B TriFlow, alot of power but loud, still sounds good though.
ACS I think is overpriced, but it is high quality. Dinan, not aggressive enough for the price. I went with a UUC TSE, very happy with it. good power, good sound. www.uucmotorwerks.com or check out www.bavauto.com they have some good stuff, including scorpion (good value).

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
I'm happy with my Dinan exhaust, not too loud, but subtle enough to make itself heard. It doesn't have a "ricey fart-can" sound to it, and looks nice from the rear with the dual O tips. Its definitely a mod I recommend, it allows the car to growl and make the noises that it should, even with the windows up; but I didn't realize its full potential until I got a CAI to compliment it. :thumbup:

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,247 Posts
z00me said:
Go 4 supersprint:thumbup:

I didn't want exhaust to be loud and it's not, its deep but not loud
I agree...if you dont want anything too loud, I took off one resonator and now it's perfect !! :thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
for the 4x70mm, did you have to modify the stock bumper at all? How does the sound and power compare to 2x70?

I like the way it looks but I don't want to get a new bumper.

·
Resident Biznatch Slapper
280 Posts
That is a clean picture of a quad exhaust, the first good one I've seen. How much was it and what type of modification was involved?

Zach

·
Registered
371 Posts
there is a post with my Eisenmann race with sound pipe clip and a nice sounding remus clip with in it. Do a quick search

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice eisenmann but i dont think i can use that with my mtech rear bumper. i dont want to do any modifications.

I dont want a loud exhaust, the sound im looking for is something like a semi modified engine sound when revved.

Did you guys really notice a gain when you changed to aftermarket exhaust? BMW exhaust doesn't seem restricted to me.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I suggest you find sound clips of any exhausts you might want and then hear them in person as well. Ride in the car too if you have the opportunity. The m3 exhaust sounds mean, but sometimes when I want to leave it in a lower gear, I end up shifting to the next because when going through residential areas, or with people in the car, its kind of obnoxious.

Dont get me wrong though, theres nothing like winding the car out, hearin the exhaust roar, and givin the M all she's got.

Dont go too big on the tips either or it looks cheesy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts