E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so here is the brief overview of why i am working on my exhaust:

- I removed all the stock piping and put an SS Mid-pipe in place and w/ some custom pipe i connected it to a B&B muffler. ( that sounded good )

- Then i order SS Headers and now my car i Loud as hell! ( but also sounds good, just for being a Daily Driver it wasnt working ) plus, when i had the muffler connected to the mid-pipe the idiots put the pipe to close to the differential and it would constantly bang and clank into it...

so in an attempt to silence it i ordered a Rouge IKON muffler ( claimed to eliminate low RPM drone, which w/ my current set up i have a shlt ton of ) and Tyrol Sport (the shop i go to) ordered some resonators to add as well...

Onto the pics...
new exhaust teaser (even tho you can look it up and see what it looks like)

Differential and exhuast contact

Old Exhuast Tips

updates soon to come...:thumbup:

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
whoa sweet, nice tips :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update

i went to Tyrol Sport today and picked up my car...the Rouge exhuast was installed but temporarily placed because the rest of the work is not finished...

turns out it would not be worth it to cut up my mid-pipe and put resonators in, so i need a cat-back exhaust system with resonators to put in the place of my SS X-pipe...

luckily a local fanatic is selling one and i am going to purchase it from him, only problem is he cant get his car onto the lift because his car is too low :bawling:

So i need to wait. But here are a few shots of the Rouge muffler on, i really like these tips a whole lot better than the others. Dont mind the muffler be crooked, it wont stay that way...

Also here is a weak video clip of how it sounded before this new exhaust. (FYI i was driving solo, so the only way i could record this was to tape the camera to the rear center arm rest and use a Wide Angle Lens)

Pics First...

Video Clip...

http://media.putfile.com/WOT-330ci

·
Registered
782 Posts
Damn that sounds good but it looks like it drones a lot at low rpm's.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jerrygarcia said:
Sounds pretty darn good! Good luck with piecing it together. Will the tips stick out like that after everything is finished up?
no, they are only temporarily placed there until i pick up a set of mid-pipes w/ resonators from a local fanatic...

Rob_ZHP said:
Damn that sounds good but it looks like it drones a lot at low rpm's.
actually when compared to the B&B exhuast it drones much less...which is good because that is what i wanted. The drone of the B&B was just ridiculous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts