BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 328i w/ m52tu engine and need some opinions. The car was down on power. I had traced the problem to a restriction in the exhaust and the cats were getting super hot so I figured they were the cause. I have the euro tune on it so I replaced with a set of ebay headers deleting the cats. After everything was bolted up, I ran the car and had a horrible rattle from the exhaust. I checked out the exhaust from the headers back and it seems to be coming from the front muffler. Also the section of pipe between the front and mid muffler/resonator will get much hotter on the engine end. I am guessing I have a restriction still either in the front muffler or the section of pipe after it. The front muffler had two pipes in and one out. Can it be replaced fairly easily with a y plus some exhaust pipe and would this be recommended. Or should I try something else to fix this. Thank you in advance for any advise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It ran great with open exhaust. Another thing is the car had oil leaks before the header install then when I ran with open exhaust the leaks stopped. Now with everything bolted up the oil leaks returned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts