E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my original OEM exhaust with a upgraded OEM BMW sport exhaust that I believe goes on the performance package. The shop tells me that your original exhaust has a vacuum/tube on it and that the replacement does not have this. He says that he doesn't recommend changing the muffler because it could throw off your computer which could cause unforeseen problems. Now I know many of you have all types of exhausts and have never reported any problems.

So my question could I replace my exhaust without any adverse affect? If I do change the exhaust what do I do with the tube/valve now that its no longer needed? Please help. I need to let the shop know within a few hours.

THANKS!

·
Big in Japan
1,120 Posts
basically just plug the tube up with a screw or somethign and wiretie it out of the way, thats what everyone does who does any aftermarket exhaust; that flap is simply to keep engine noise down slightly, not having it will have any adverse effects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts