BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $500-600 to spend on a muffler. What one should I get. I was thinking about the remus cause it looks tight but I don't know. Also I have a kerscher body kit that I am about to put on. So I was thinking about going with the quad look. Does anyone know roughly how much this costs and how do you do it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I AM CONSIDERING 3.

DMS
UUC
ACTIVE AUTOWERKE

DMS SOUNDS GREAT, BUT IS THE LOUDEST OF THE BUNCH. UUC SOUNDS GREAT AND LOOKS GREAT, BUT STILL MIGHT BE A BIT LOUD FOR MY TASTES. I HAVE TO HEAR ONE IN PERSON. AA IS SUPPOSED TO BE MELLOW AND DEEP....WITH A GREAT FINISH.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
remus

·
Registered
317 Posts
there are verying opinions on which to get on this board. I did a poll when I wanted to get my new exhaust. Most people here like the UUC TSE. Some like Remus and some like AA. I fortunately have two friends that had a remus and a uuc tse. So I did a comparison. The remus was on a 323i. Nice sound, but not too loud. Nice tips, but the entire exhaust is not stainless steel. The UUC TSE was on a 325ci. This guy took the resonator off. Sounded really loud. With the resonator off, it sounded like something off of a blown up civic. From what I understand UUC has high build quality and it is pretty light weight (29lbs). However, I didn't like the look of the exhaust, especially the tips. I went ahead and got an Active Autowerek Gen III exhaust for my 325ci. The build quality, welds and fit were the best that I have seen. The exhaust is pretty heavy, about 38 lbs, only 10 lbs lighter than the stock. I didn't replace the resonator. I am in love with my exhaust now because of how the tips look (high quality twin round). Nice rumble when you first turn on the ignition, but idles pretty quiet. At wide open throttle, this thing humms but not too loud.

Hope this write up was not too long.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm having the same dilemma..........I'll probably go with TSE but I heard its a little on the loud side depending if you remove resonators or not

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have the UUC and absolutely love it. Fit, finish and sound are awesome.

It removes 1 resonator.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
REMUS

I'd go with a Remus. I had a Remus on my previous car, 2000 BMW 328ia Sedan and was very satisfied with the sound, look, and performance. I just got a 2003 BMW 325CI and plan to get another REMUS!

Try calling Stan at DTM Autohaus in Alhambra, CA. Stan can get Remus systems.

www.dtmautohaus.com

;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cybertek said:
I have the UUC and absolutely love it. Fit, finish and sound are awesome.

It removes 1 resonator.

:thumbup:
so is it just one? or is there an option for two? im going to get mine on tommorrow and want to know what to say :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts