BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Secret Asian Man
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cuz i got the CAI, but it's at a BMW center that's not exactly local, and they want to install it but they said that it would take all day...
my problem is that if i do take it there, 1, they'll charge me labor and 2, i have to wait there all day cuz there's no loaner cars on saturdays that would be the only day that i would be able to go there... TIA

·
Secret Asian Man
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, but wasn't there some change with the 2002+ MY cars?
and how mechanically inclined do i have to be?

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,834 Posts
not to hard...its a pretty straight forward install, you just need some tools that arent listed on the DIY to do it, feel free to PM me if you plan to tackle it. It helps to have 2 people around when removing the bumper but otherwise it is pretty much a one man install. Are you planning on getting the Dinan badge? If so you might have to let the dealership complete the install to get the points. Some Dinan dealers are picky like that. If you let them do it make sure to tell them you want all the parts they remove from the car back just in case you plan to return the car to stock if you ever plan on selling it.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Well, it does take quite a while because if they do it properly, they have to remove your front bumper first before the installation. I estimate 2-3 hours at least.

·
Secret Asian Man
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ouch, i was thinking about going for the badge, although i'm not sure if i'll want to fork over the cash for all the stuff i need for the points... i'll try to get a friend of mine to go with me then to keep me company and drive me around i guess... thanks for all your help guys

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
it was very easy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts