E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Carbon-Effects.com
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey;

Was given a Evo rear spoiler with the factory clear coat peeling, chipping and badly yellowed. Apparently, this is a known issue with this model. Really bad shape!! Unfortunately, I never took a picture before I started it (thought I had, but apparently not).

Here's the project pictures from about 1/3 way through initial sanding through to finished spoiler:

Now Ready for Clear Coat:

Just like new (actually in this case; better cause this won't yellow, chip or peel) :thumbup:

·
Carbon-Effects.com
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's for a buddies 2002 Mitsubishi Evo. Those models have a known issue (as I've discovered) with the factory clear coat peeling, yellowing and cracking....

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
I really want to come up with a random project just to put you to work... your finished products are always :drool:

If you would be interested in sponsoring my car, reach out (getting featured in Bimmer later this springs :) )

·
Carbon-Effects.com
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really want to come up with a random project just to put you to work... your finished products are always :drool:

If you would be interested in sponsoring my car, reach out (getting featured in Bimmer later this springs :) )
PM sent

Thanks!!! Came out real sweet!!! 6 hours of sanding to get it there...

·
Carbon-Effects.com
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your parts are wet sanded and ready for clear coat. Not sure if that's happening tonight or first thing tomorrow. Beat + massive headache!!!! Been @ this since 9am straight! Have to start Mercedes C63AMG set and RHD set from Australia as well as 4 additional pieces. Think I'm going to start those tomorrow.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts