BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my write up about everything I know about DE/DDE/etc...

Here is how I mounted my light boxes...

Here's another sample...

For the whole scoop visit the link:http://e46.mit.edu/Jim_Powell_Daytime_Demon_Eyes.htm

Comments? Let me know what you guys think! or if any of my info is incorrect. My memory isn't all that good =)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hey nice positioning with the lightbox :) Although i imagine it would be a b**** if u had to change anything...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did you attach the light boxes to the bottom of your headlight ? What happens when you have to change the bulb, do you have to take your headlight out ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sup guys,

THanks for all the positive replies...

umnitza: sure use whatever you want...can you explain to me what exactly is LumenX? Been thinking of Gen V, but not sure if worth the cost. Also, I have a similar stance with others, I don't want super bright DDE's that scatter the light too much. The light gotta retain its orginal shape =)

-=Stu=-: yup I used velcro to attach the box at the bottom...I have a M3 replica bumper where the front fog light ducts really take in a lot of air...I checked the housing after a drive and it warm at most. The next time you open your headlights up, you'll notice that the light box will just fit, no need to remove it when installing and uninstalling...

als, bmwman, Banana, Atlas: thanks for the props guys!

Let me know if you guys have any more questions or new ideas =)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-=Stu=-: sorry I am half awake, I reread your question and my answer doesnt make sense....well since its velcrow it comes right off...I can get to it via the front fog light ducts...removeing the headlights are probably easier, but I haven't had to change the bulbs yet...regardless you made a good point =) I guess I never really thought of that cus i've basically installed DDE 4 times on my car now, removing the headlights was my least of concerns heh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts