E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i had one it never saved me ever.....ever. Maybe once, but i wasn't speeding then, so i sold it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has paid for itself probably 10 times already.

Without a doubt the best $400 spent, for me. It gives me enough cushion and it has saved me many many many times. I'm not saying you can't get nailed with it (there is always instant on), but this will get you out of most.

Now driving around with it, I don't know how I never got pulled over before. You don't see them half the time, hiding out.

Yes, it gets annoying at times, beeping at supermarkets, but its a small price to pay for all the saved lawyer fees :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's one of those things where everyone says it's so great, so you get it - and it turns out it's actually better than they said. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the V1 to anyone.

Jeremy

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's great, saved me over 10 times in the past 3 years. However, you can still get tickets, if they use instant on, or just follow you in a unmarked car! The trick is to speed smartly. Never speed alone. Use other speeding cars ahead as buffers. Then it'll help.

Occasionally, I was able to slow down enough when zapped by a laser. It seems from my experience that they zap you twice, if the first one wasn't accurate I guess. Lasers need to be aimed quite accurately to get a reading. When the first alarm sounds, slow down as fast as you safely can. If yoy are lucky, you won't get a ticket.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's like the American Express card:

Don't leave home without it...

I'm on my second one.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I love mine... saved me a ton of times. It is no gurantee though, i got a ticket using it because of stupid instant-on. But definatly get it and hardwire it!! :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts