E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thanks for your help in advance. Here is the problem. I bought a set of HIDs for my halogen headlights and there was a bodyshop installing it for me. Because the oem bulb holders can't be used for the HIDs, so they cut off the wires and took the holders off. Now, everytime I don't have my HIDs on, the panel shows that my bulbs have burnt out. If I turn the HIDs on, the "burnt-out" signal disappears. Today, when I just started my car as usual, the left front signal light went on itself. So, Is there something wrong with taking off the bulb holders? Please help me.

thanks,

ivan

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't know if I can be much help but some of the guys here will be able to tell you. I think it has to do with a fuse you must pull out or go to the dealership to have them redo you computer. It is one of the two.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
dealership can flash your ECU, but i dunno if that'll work cause I've only heard of ppl replacing their halogens with entire OEM headlight units that have the HID, i've never seen an e46 with chopped up/replaced bulbs and stuff....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.