BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: I got a ticket for not having the front license plate. Anyone here has Europlate? Is it legal in LA, California?:banghead:

·
is now a 2L! woot!
310 Posts
i think its equivalent to not having a front license plate in cali...or so i heard.

·
Town Clown
15,075 Posts
uhhhh.......not legal - you have to have California registered plates on the front and rear. So, unless you were able to get the State of California to produce your Euro plates, you'll get a ticket.

·
Banned
779 Posts
i don't use my front plate and you have to have one in ohio but the cops don't care, they think i am :pimpin:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i seen this in new york

euro plate and right under that new york plate this was in bklyn new york
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Nymphomaniac
352 Posts
I have euro plates with my cali plate numbers 2 years no no tickets *knock on wood*

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
In Cali you have to have both plates front/back to be 100% legal. Its rare that you get a ticket for no front license plate unless they get you for other things like tinted windows etc etc. I finally got a ticket for no front/rear plates on my car but thats after the CHP saw I was playing music videos and it was visible to me the driver. That is a $121 fine by the way so for you guys and gals out there watch out. Fortunately I have a couple of friends that are LAPD :thumbup: so I get those wussy tickets signed off without having to fix it. The music videos on my screen is not a fix a ticket, its just a straight fine :mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in IL you need both plates. Got busted last week for having German plate. He gave me only a warning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sExY cLk m3 gRL said:
i think its equivalent to not having a front license plate in cali...or so i heard.
Yup I told u that -M3PinoyDriver

·
Registered
518 Posts
$HIT!! First I got a ticket for no plate, just yesterday I got another ticket for my EURO plate! 77 f uckin dollars!!!!

Anyone know what I can do? If I go to court and contest it, and the cop doesnt show up, do I win? I heard somewhere that there is a way around paying tickets, that cops hardly ever show up to court so your chances are better?

·
Registered
21 Posts
AIYA: Did you get pulled over for some other reasons? I thought cops don't normally pull you over for not having front plates.

Every time I see a cop, I turn down my music and obey all the traffic rules (signaling, not following too close, etc...) I try not to get too much attention from the cop. But having euro plate does get its share of attention from people. Crossing my fingers.

·
Ballin'
2,482 Posts
md330 said:
AIYA: Did you get pulled over for some other reasons? I thought cops don't normally pull you over for not having front plates.

Every time I see a cop, I turn down my music and obey all the traffic rules (signaling, not following too close, etc...) I try not to get too much attention from the cop. But having euro plate does get its share of attention from people. Crossing my fingers.
They'll pull us over for anything, and no plate is a no brainer for them:banghead:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dude! I got a tix from the f*cking parking patrol, while i was gone on a biz trip. My a-hole neighbor probably called the parking guy to check out whose car it was, then the next thing i know i got a tix for not having a front license plate, especially by a parking patrol dude. This is soooo f-edup. Dang.. i am pissed.
I just dont' want to put that ugly thing in front of my car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts