E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Euro headlight switch info is here!

6K views 57 replies 36 participants last post by  Tichx 
#1 ·
Alright I just got off the phone with Arnold at Pacific BMW and the switch is 177.60 for the one with the auto lights. Ill post the ETK screenshot along with part numbers for the switch ASAP.

AdamR

See less See more
#17 · (Edited)
Self levelling Xenons do not have that dial in Europe hence 'self levelling'

They do however have both fog light switches. the fog light bulb holders are only a couple of dollars so you could wire in the fogs fairly easy.

The new cars also have the auto headlights setting on the main light dial (turned left past '0')

Let me know if you want a picture posted.

#19 ·
TimeFor

If you have the dial with 1-4 on the right , thats how the lights level, if not then they must self level. Mine make like a buzzing sound and move a little when you switch them on - I have auto leveling.

The auto lights is a bit more complicated and yes the sensor is behind the mirror and the wiring is pretty complex looking at the diagram.

#22 ·
Question: If you have auto-leveling Xenons (as I have) can the switch be used to override the auto-level? I think it would be quite handy to "raise" my headlights up for high speed driving, without resorting to my "high" beams... Is this switch plug and play (say for the rear fogs (I realize we don't have bulb holders and they would have to be added)) or would that require additional wiring to be run?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.