BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I just got off the phone with Arnold at Pacific BMW and the switch is 177.60 for the one with the auto lights. Ill post the ETK screenshot along with part numbers for the switch ASAP.

AdamR

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since our cars do not have the rear fogs, it wont work for that and I have no idea about the headlight adjuster. I have ideas for both of those switches anyways. :D

AdamR

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
I've asked my wife to look at the cost of European rear fog light kits while she's overseas. If she can find me a good deal on a set, I'm going to need that switch.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
the switch can be had without the adjusters for the lights on them, Ausfahrt has that on his ride... i have halogens so i would never need the adjusters.

-brendan

·
Groccery Getter
958 Posts
Another

Ok, the red circle is the wires your going to have to tap. I was only able to pull it out as far as you see in the picture.

·
Groccery Getter
958 Posts
John from jersey said:
i have the auto lights....so what the heck does the euro lights do differently?

The Euro lights with the switch you see has a self-leveling Xenon or Halogen (they have either or) dials and a button for the rear fog lights. That is it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
On ETK there is various model available.
with or without XENON with or without adjustement.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
B said:
what's the "auto lights"?!?
dusk sensors automatically turn your lights on-- light sensors turn them off...even when going under tunnels for a brief second

very cool gadget :)

BTW: welcome back Bza havent seen u on for years:thumbup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Self levelling Xenons do not have that dial in Europe hence 'self levelling'

They do however have both fog light switches. the fog light bulb holders are only a couple of dollars so you could wire in the fogs fairly easy.

The new cars also have the auto headlights setting on the main light dial (turned left past '0')

Let me know if you want a picture posted.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Here are my questions....

I have xenon, But they don't auto lever. How does manual lever work?

I don't have auto lights. If I guy the auto light switch will I have them? Isn't the light sensor behind the rear view mirror?

·
Registered
110 Posts
TimeFor

If you have the dial with 1-4 on the right , thats how the lights level, if not then they must self level. Mine make like a buzzing sound and move a little when you switch them on - I have auto leveling.

The auto lights is a bit more complicated and yes the sensor is behind the mirror and the wiring is pretty complex looking at the diagram.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The benefits we Europeans get :D hehe

Silly question, and its probably been answered somewhere else, but why don't you get rear fogs, auto lighting, auto dimming etc etc ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts