E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was getting some quotes for the M if I decide to pick her up... :)

Geico: $2200/6 months
Progessive: $1800/6 months
eSurance: $734/6 months

This makes the purchase of an M much more realistic!

Good night!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
j.diddy.yo said:
Just was getting some quotes for the M if I decide to pick her up... :)

Geico: $2200/6 months
Progessive: $1800/6 months
eSurance: $734/6 months

This makes the purchase of an M much more realistic!

Good night!
I pay $634/6 months..I dont get to PIITB for any girl

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Some thoughts for you...

1) Be careful buying a car if the purchase depends on the price of insurance. Your rates could go up (tickets, accident, etc). And if they were to ever drop you, the alternatives are expensive (and you probably won't be able to get their best rate at that point either).
2) Make sure the price they quote is the price you get, before you commit to the car.
3) Why are they soooo much cheaper? Is the coverage truly equivalent?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TxZHP04 said:
Some thoughts for you...

1) Be careful buying a car if the purchase depends on the price of insurance. Your rates could go up (tickets, accident, etc). And if they were to ever drop you, the alternatives are expensive (and you probably won't be able to get their best rate at that point either).
2) Make sure the price they quote is the price you get, before you commit to the car.
3) Why are they soooo much cheaper? Is the coverage truly equivalent?
I can afford the car either way- but paying $120/month is better than paying $350/month. Plus I'm sure eSurance can help some other M3 owners...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I pay 2600$ a year on bike insurance, and thats just liability fire and theft \

:bawling:

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
j.diddy.yo said:
I can afford the car either way- but paying $120/month is better than paying $350/month. Plus I'm sure eSurance can help some other M3 owners...
Cool. Your OP just gave me the impression that this purchase might be a stretch. Admittedly, I was reading too much into your comments.

Too many people though, young people in particular, decide to stretch their budgets to buy a car not factoring in the consequences of that first speeding ticket on their insurance rates or the high cost of maintaining the car, etc, etc. And that's where my thoughts went after reading your post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TxZHP04 said:
Cool. Your OP just gave me the impression that this purchase might be a stretch. Admittedly, I was reading too much into your comments.

Too many people though, young people in particular, decide to stretch their budgets to buy a car not factoring in the consequences of that first speeding ticket on their insurance rates or the high cost of maintaining the car, etc, etc. And that's where my thoughts went after reading your post.
I totally understand your concerns, I'm well aware of the 'stretch' you're referring to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts