BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gather all the ess cars together. Davew has made a Facebook group to get everyone together in one group. My name is Paul Holford if you want to add me on Facebook and I can add you from there. Ess cars only please

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Group is specifically for ESS TS owners. Over time a number of us have connected from various pages as friends on social media. Thought it was about time we banded together in a group. My car is reasonably easy to spot being a Titan Silver Coupe, and my username here is surprisingly very close to my Facebook name, so if you can't find Paul, send me a request.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One more here from Spain with ts1 in a 325 that I have asked recently.
But ess told me that coul take 3 months for the shipping!!!
I go to eat my nails waiting jajajaja

·
Registered
346 Posts
80000 on the supercharger.
Wow thats some mileage on the twinscrew.
Did you ever rebuild/replace anything? Like the rear bearings on the twinscrew? (I imagine they're fairly small needlebearings?)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nope, just regular oil changes. It's delivering boost in the same predictable way as when it was new. Most of the mileage is on the original belt and tensioner. I'm planning to replace those this year.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Most of the mileage is on the original belt and tensioner. I'm planning to replace those this year.
I've changed my belt @30k km but it was hardly worn.

I'm going to change the idler pulleys on the ess bracket as they seem to become a bit dry. I've already repacked them with grease once but it seems to be one of the things that wears the most. (removing the rubber seals also never is good for the lifespan)
I've discovered they're rollers from a toyota, so you can pick up the exact same ones for like $25/piece delivered :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Checking in, but not on FB.

Edit: Didn't notice this appears to be TS only. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
New ESS Stage 1. Please PM me the FB site.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Interesting, I see quite a few differences in the castings with my setup (mine's from 2011):

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi.
Where do you see differences?
Will there be internally too?
The truth is that when I knew that it was no longer Lysholm and now is Whipple, I almost regret it.
Are the Whipple good?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts