BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week I called South Bay BMW to inquire hoe much will a Inspection II will cost me. I was told it will be about $800.00 I made a post and I was told that, that was about right...not for me...so I called another dealer......Beverly Hills BMW, they are Charging me for $657.48 ONLY!!.......I think that was a good price, but when I Called Pacific BMW..........its only $445.39........correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they suppose to be the same price?? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Nope....kinda like the cars, dealers prices on parts and service can vary.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
NO and i will tell you WHY

each dealership is owned privately and that is the reason they can do what ever they want. if you go to a different dealership for service they somethings say to you we take care of our customers first. then we can take care of you. thats because each dealership
is run different than the next. thats way they charge different prices for different things if you notice.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ACS Rob said:
I just called my dealer & they quoted me $289!! :yikes: She even asked me if I'm close to 60K miles :dunno:
which dealer is this..........thats cheap!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey atma, i'm in torrance also. do you know if you get a loaner car at beverly hills bmw or pacific? You can also try checking prices at santa monica bmw and center bmw. South bay bmw tried to charge me $108 for alarm activation even though i bought my car through them. I went to center bmw in sherman oaks instead, 2 mins from where i work, and got it activated for free! If you're already considering driving up to beverly hills bmw for service, center bmw's only going to be another 10 mins north. long beach bmw isn't that far from torrance either, but i know they don't offer free loaners.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,056 Posts
ACS Rob said:
I just called my dealer & they quoted me $289!! :yikes: She even asked me if I'm close to 60K miles :dunno:

hey have you been in the glendale area?? i remember seeing your exact car @ conrads in glendale during summer in the middle of the night...was that yours by any chance?

·
Registered
184 Posts
That would be the Dark Side of Capitalism... Buyer beware - It pays to shop around! (Those are some pretty heavy price differentials, though... Has to make you wonder if the cheap guys are cutting corners somehow...) Might be wise to make sure that what you think is Inspection II and what they think is Inspection II are the same...

·
99% Stock
1,123 Posts
SupaFOB said:
hey atma, i'm in torrance also. do you know if you get a loaner car at beverly hills bmw or pacific?
My parents bought our 325i at Pacific. They offer a same model loaner only if you bought the car there i believe, last time i asked them. And you have to make a reservation along with your service appointment.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SupaFOB said:
hey atma, i'm in torrance also. do you know if you get a loaner car at beverly hills bmw or pacific? You can also try checking prices at santa monica bmw and center bmw. South bay bmw tried to charge me $108 for alarm activation even though i bought my car through them. I went to center bmw in sherman oaks instead, 2 mins from where i work, and got it activated for free! If you're already considering driving up to beverly hills bmw for service, center bmw's only going to be another 10 mins north. long beach bmw isn't that far from torrance either, but i know they don't offer free loaners.
I think South Bay BMW is a rip off!!for a regular oil change they are charging me $57.31 more!! i'm calling Sherman Oaks now, see how much will they chrage me!! :thumbup:

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
x13atma17x said:

I think South Bay BMW is a rip off!!for a regular oil change they are charging me $57.31 more!! i'm calling Sherman Oaks now, see how much will they chrage me!! :thumbup:
long beach does not have loaners.

new century bmw will do oil changes for $50.

www.newcenturybmw.com and click on coupons

1 - 17 of 17 Posts