E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I put my driver side turn signal on, it rapidly blinks 3 times then resumes normal blinking intervals. This happens consistently . The passenger side blinker works flawlessly. All bulbs work and when I engage the hazard everything blinks properly. Super weird. HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried but still nothing.

Okay, checked all electrical connections and most importantly the GROUND. All of the connections were without flaw. I changed all the bulbs in the rear light housing on the problem side. Still no change. Partial faulty relay?

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
Everyone focuses on the rear wiring and blubs, these can be a problem, but the front bulb sockets are also problems.

If the bulb is in any socket and it is loose, the ring that holds the bulb against the terminals has likely popped forward.

I reseat and glue the plastic rings in the front sockets all the time to resolve turn signal issues.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,039 Posts
Remove the bulb holder...clean up the corrosion on the bottom tab and then, bend up the bottom tab just a tad...it gets pushed down and doesn't hold the bulb firmly. Also, clean up the side of the socket and bulb bottom too. That's what I did about 2-3 years ago and the repair held up until a month ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just replaced a front socket due to a contact that corroded away. Sometimes it worked, others it showed a failure on the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remove the bulb holder...clean up the corrosion on the bottom tab and then, bend up the bottom tab just a tad...it gets pushed down and doesn't hold the bulb firmly. Also, clean up the side of the socket and bulb bottom too. That's what I did about 2-3 years ago and the repair held up until a month ago.

This...I just did this for my 325i. Just cleaned it, pushed down the socket tab down a bit and threw some dielectric grease on it for good measure. Works again.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,039 Posts
This...I just did this for my 325i. Just cleaned it, pushed down the socket tab down a bit and threw some dielectric grease on it for good measure. Works again.
Pull up on the bottom socket tab, don't push it down. When you pull up...actually bend it up very gently, you help it hold the bulb in more firmly.

Evidently, if you pushed down and it worked, it was mostly a corrosion issue in all likelihood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts