BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem started happening when I removed my seats to clean the interior. The music just stops playing for some time and then it comes back and this process keeps repeating. I don't know if it has a connection but my radio sometimes cuts out to show me this (see picture) but I've been getting this even before I removed my seats.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,456 Posts
Yeah, it thinks you're reversing for some reason and is switching to display the back up camera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your shifter selector adjustment. It looks like it is triggering a reverse event and you do not have a camera wired in. Is this an automatic gearbox?
Its a manual and the camera works normal when I put it in reverse
Yeah, it thinks you're reversing for some reason and is switching to display the back up camera.
Do you know what may cause this?

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,456 Posts
Its a manual and the camera works normal when I put it in reverse
I bet that your camera is wired so that it only sees power when in reverse. Here, the head unit thinks that you're reversing but the camera knows better, hence you get the blank screen since there's no signal.
Do you know what may cause this?
Nope! But if I had to guess or troubleshoot it I would try disconnecting the reverse trigger wire and see if it still happens, that will eliminate a fault within the head unit itself. If it still happens then your head unit is faulty.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,748 Posts
Nope! But if I had to guess or troubleshoot it I would try disconnecting the reverse trigger wire and see if it still happens, that will eliminate a fault within the head unit itself. If it still happens then your head unit is faulty.
(y)

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,456 Posts
I'd also put a meter on that trigger wire and see if it's seeing voltage when not in reverse I guess. If the problem is intermittent then maybe have a test light attached to it and jiggle stuff around and see if you can make it light to narrow down the problem. Once you've ruled out the head unit that is. I don't have the greatest confidence in how well the Eonon is put together.

·
Registered
431 Posts
There are two ways to mute sound and turn on backup display - the data bus interpreter and the backup light power wire. You need only one of those connected. My guess is that you have both connected and they are sending conflicting signals to the head unit. In my case, I found the data bus to be unreliable so I connected the power wire from the backup light circuit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are two ways to mute sound and turn on backup display - the data bus interpreter and the backup light power wire. You need only one of those connected. My guess is that you have both connected and they are sending conflicting signals to the head unit. In my case, I found the data bus to be unreliable so I connected the power wire from the backup light circuit.
How can I disconnect the data bus interpreter?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts