BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, well the Sea air has done in the chrome on my 18" Breyton Magics. Besides swirls from cleaning, the chrome is starting to bubble/corrode. Drove in the rain for 1 hour and the next morning, RUST :woot: .

:bawling:

Any place in the OC area that does Wheel Re-finishing?
Besides polishing the crap out of them (which i did) to get rid of the corrosion what else could i do?

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
braymond141 said:
K, well the Sea air has done in the chrome on my 18" Breyton Magics. Besides swirls from cleaning, the chrome is starting to bubble/corrode. Drove in the rain for 1 hour and the next morning, RUST :woot: .

:bawling:

Any place in the OC area that does Wheel Re-finishing?
Besides polishing the crap out of them (which i did) to get rid of the corrosion what else could i do?
The wheels will have to be re-chromed... The bubbling isn't caused by the sea air, its caused by bad chrome prepping. The chrome needs to be stripped off and redipped. I work with a chroming company in Santa Ana, and I think it costs around $400 to strip & triple chrome + 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VelocityMotoring said:
The wheels will have to be re-chromed... The bubbling isn't caused by the sea air, its caused by bad chrome prepping. The chrome needs to be stripped off and redipped. I work with a chroming company in Santa Ana, and I think it costs around $400 to strip & triple chrome + 2 weeks.
Bubbling was the wrong word, Pitting is what i was looking for. And 400 bucks for all 4?

Got a number? who should i ask for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts