BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

this is my first post, as i have only just recently bought a E46 318ci convertible.

I took it for a long run the other day, and the yellow engine warning light appeard on the dashboard and has not gone off since. I plugged a OB1 compliant reader into it, and apparently is is something to do with the fueling.

Im just wondering if anybody has any ideas as to why it has come on before I book it into the garage for a check! is it serious?

Cheers,
Kamran.

·
Registered
11 Posts
had same problem with 329 it ended up being a leak in the hose on the cab system changed all the hoses and it corrected itself kept saying the mixture was wrong weak one minuete and rich the next

cheers and beers

brian

·
Registered
97 Posts
had same problem with 329 it ended up being a leak in the hose on the cab system changed all the hoses and it corrected itself kept saying the mixture was wrong weak one minuete and rich the next

cheers and beers

brian
I tried changing the hoses tonight too to see if that would sort the SES warning light. i could only get one of the hoses off, the one that has clips on both ends was a nightmare.

any tips for getting them off or just brute force and ignorance?

cheers and beers....nice

·
Registered
11 Posts
just perseverance try squirting eather they use in starting diesel engines if it speeds the engine up then its the hose

cheers and beers

·
Registered
670 Posts
I tried changing the hoses tonight too to see if that would sort the SES warning light. i could only get one of the hoses off, the one that has clips on both ends was a nightmare.

cheers and beers....nice
No brute force; just patience. It seems the factory placed the clamps in such a way to make it quite hard to access and remove. When you re-install just position them for better access next time. It's a small space with limited access, but be gentle, you're playing with throttle body and idle control valuve. Remove the DISA; that will improve access to clamps.

·
Registered
670 Posts

cheers and beers....nice
here are some pics of what I mean.....

Hope this helps!

Cheers mate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts