BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have read, I have been in the process of swaping my engine over the past few days. I killed the old on and decided to make it quick and easy to install a new one. Problem is now when I started it it ran fine except for this crazy sound like the starter was not disengaging or that something was hitting the fly wheel. Well i removed the starter and the fly wheel is scuffed and the starter is not working correctly in the car. i think that I may have accidently installed one of the fly wheel pieces incorrectly. the car is an auto so I just have the spacer, flywheel, and the torque converter plate. Did I install the flywheel correctly?? Real oem showes this but i am not sure. Can any one confirm of deny that this is correct or not?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish i had pics I am at work right now and all i can think about is my car not running:cry:... the order I installed this in is. Spacer then flywheel(round edge toward front of motor) then the triangle torque converter plate... here is a pic of what Real oem has.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think we need more details, like:

what's the year is the new motor,
which starter are you using,
who installed the motor,
are you using the old flex plate or the one that come with the motor.

picture of the scuffing would be helpful too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using my flex plate and my original starter. The starter is Bosch reman.
The motor is from a 2000 323ci auto same as my car.
I will try to post pics as soon as I can take them after work.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would have the starter check(bench tested) first. Bring to a parts store(or the one where you bought the starter from)

Maybe the the solenoid is getting bad and it's still engaging when it's not suppose to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts