BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW N20 F30 328i engine wins engine of the year award

The BMW Group continues its winning streak in the world's foremost engine competition. Thanks to the Group's outstanding development expertise in this area, it has managed to notch up more than 50 class and overall wins at the International Engine of the Year Awards since 1999. In 2012, yet again, engines of widely differing design created for BMW and MINI models dominated a large number of displacement categories. Moreover, the latest title-winners span an unusually broad output spectrum ranging from 135 kW/184 hp to 309 kW/420 hp.

BMW N20 engine of the year

Providing enhanced driving pleasure coupled with extremely low fuel consumption and emission figures is the new 2.0-litre engine featuring BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. The 245 hp four-cylinder turbocharged unit with High Precision Direct Injection and VALVETRONIC instantly won over the judges to capture the trophy in the 1.8-litre to 2.0-litre category. This engine is currently powering the new BMW 328i Sedan, BMW 528i and BMW Z4 sDrive28i, as well as the BMW X3 xDrive28i and BMW X1 xDrive28i models.

Take a closer look at BMW engine technology: BMW TwinPower Turbo and VALVETRONIC technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj0OmaW59qM&feature=player_embedded

1 - 1 of 1 Posts