BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a wierd problem. My 2003 320i automatic wont start in the morning if i dont park it indoors. This is especially true if it was cold and damp during the night. I have to turn the key a couple of times and press the gas peddle for it to start....something that shouldnt happen on a car with < 6000 k on it.

Anyone have the same problem or any ideas??...im planning to take it to the dealership next week.

Thanks

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
How cold is it out there bro...........so far over here weve been lucky still only in the 40's during the day....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Vancouver Canada, it rarely hits the freezing point. (hell..dont ask me to do the conversion from Celsius to F! ;-)

·
Registered
519 Posts
LOL, yes, I'm in Ohio and it gets cold.... not that cold but cold and my car will start but then shut off violently. I took it in and they couldn't replicate it, but it only happens when my car is left outside during a coldnight and morning. The second try to start it up always works though.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
it could be comp. softwear issues

you should go to dealership and tell them your trouble. i think they can cure your trouble. also their as been a recall for that trouble with 03m3 see if they have one for your model to.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BWMGuy206 said:
Are you getting a no crank no start condition or engine is cranking but no start?
The engine is cranking but it wont start. It wont start unless i hit the gas the same time I turn they key. It only does this when I leave it outside. If I park inside, no problem. Im kinda dissapointed because the car is less than 6 months old. Not even my old 94 e36 with 132,000 km gives me this problem, that car ran like a new watch!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
noBenz said:
LOL, yes, I'm in Ohio and it gets cold.... not that cold but cold and my car will start but then shut off violently. I took it in and they couldn't replicate it, but it only happens when my car is left outside during a coldnight and morning. The second try to start it up always works though.
yup, sounds like the exact same problem.

Nice rims btw! Good choice on the car colour!

·
Registered
519 Posts
hehe thanx :) Yea the dealership says that the cars are cold blooded by nature... not that they have blood or anything, but that this will happen sometimes. Another tip they gave me was after starting the car let it run in idle for at least 30 seconds before putting it in gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yo im driving a 2002 e46 320i and its cold where i am...it recently started doing exactly that, doesnt start early in the morning, i have to wait for a few hours for the sun then it will start with no problems at all for the rest of the day, so i called my mechanic he found out that the fuel pump doesnt get power supply even though everything is peeeeerfectly fine...all the fuses and stuff...its a mind wrecking issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts