E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320ci LSB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i am new here so i hope somebody can help me with my problem. I have a 320ci with M52TUB20.
The car is running without O2 sensors and e36 m52 exhaust manifold. That is how i got it.

When i’m idling with my engine temperature at 90C, my engine starts to cut out. If i turn it off, wait a couple seconds, and turn it on, it works just fine for a couple seconds, and then the story repeats. But, if i turn on the AC the engine dosen’t cut off any more. Or if i put it in drive. The error codes.
P0125
P0140
P0141
P0155
P0160
P0161
P0300
P0301
P0305
P1250

I just replaced the disa valve thinking this will fix it, but no. If somebody can tell me a fix for my car i would appreciate it

·
Registered
2002 330i auto
181 Posts
All the 1xx are O2 codes, the 300 are misfires. You're going to need to get it back together or some kind of hack open loop tune to get this running. I would think it should run the open loop map with no O2. I'd guess there are countless other problems considering it's current state.

·
Registered
320ci LSB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for not adding that, this what they mean
P1250: No description available for this code
P0300: Random/multiple cylinder miss detected
P0305: Missfier cylinder 5 detected
P0301: Missfier cylinder 1 detected
P0160: Sensor circuit 02 (block 2 sensor 2) - No activity detector
P0140: Sensor circuit 02 (block 1 sensor 2) - No activity detector
P0161: Circuit failure radiator sensor 02 (block 2 sensor 2)
P0141: Sensor 02 radiator circuit failure (block 1 sensor 2)
P0155: Sensor 02 radiator circuit malfunction (block 2 sensor 1)
P0135: Sensor 02 radiator circuit failure (block 1 sensor 1)
You need primary o2 sensors, whoever deleted those was unwise and did not research their purpose. You should also translate those codes into error messages so we know what the codes actually mean

·
Registered
320ci LSB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
All the 1xx are O2 codes, the 300 are misfires. You're going to need to get it back together or some kind of hack open loop tune to get this running. I would think it should run the open loop map with no O2. I'd guess there are countless other problems considering it's current state.
Other then this problem and the fact that is drinking to gas(14.0-14.9 l/100km normal driving 18-19 l/100km street racing) no other issues.
In my country everyone is selling their catalyst.
The man who sold me the car told me this is how he got the car, and because the exhaust manifold was cut and welded, he swich to e36 one.

·
Registered
2002 330ci auto
1,381 Posts
Like above, you should really fix adding the O2 sensors back into the system. As a quick work around for the moment, un plug your maf sensor and the ecu will default fueling and it should run OK. Not great but OK
even with the maf unplugged the car will still run in closed loop, just MAF readings will be substituted with an alpha n table

·
Registered
320ci LSB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like above, you should really fix adding the O2 sensors back into the system. As a quick work around for the moment, un plug your maf sensor and the ecu will default fueling and it should run OK. Not great but OK
Thank you so much, you were right my car runs good dosen’t cut Off at idle anymore, pulls harder (small difference) and i think my fuel consumption is better. Maybe i will Find a exhaust manifold with the cats still intact

1 - 14 of 14 Posts