BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow i just learned ive been runnign around with minimal coolant for many 5k miles. but my question is, if i didnt have any coolant, wouldnt the engine overheat? bc the temperature needle has never gone beyond past the middle point. do you guys think i've done any long term damage to my car?

the story behind this--
i thoguht it was my battery light.. it came on, so i took it to the dealer.. the dealer said there was nothing wrong with my car. i said ok, brought it back.. that was 5k miles ago. i'm currently at 15k miles, and i called and made my appt, and i told them about that light that keeps coming on, and he was like-- well that's coolant.. and i'm wondering UH why couldn't you tel me that 5k miles ago?

i'm guessing that if i didnt have any coolant, i would have over heated by now. the good thing is the light goes on and off, so i think have some coolant still in there. any insight would be helpful! should i just go buy antifreeze?

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was scared i was going to mess up my engine so i just put sum stuff we had aroudn the house. my dad uses it for his benz so i guess it's ok..

ah what a bad day, after i put the coolant in i went on a drive to see if the lgiht would come on (it didn't) but i was chagning gears from 2nd to third i shifted back into first! i didn't over rev.. . but the car lurched really bad and the dsc light came on.. i feel bad for my baby.. i hope shes ok.. haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts