E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2221 - 2233 of 2233 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
need to upgrade my stereo any suggestion please.

just got an 2000 323i e46 and i am loving it, the only thing don't like is the business CD stereo so i am looking to upgrade to something different with navigation so i am wondering what fits perfectly and where i can get it , brand and part number will be great help , thank you in advance guys .

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
just got an 2000 323i e46 and i am loving it, the only thing don't like is the business CD stereo so i am looking to upgrade to something different with navigation so i am wondering what fits perfectly and where i can get it , brand and part number will be great help , thank you in advance guys .

Eonon makes a good nav system but I would suggest getting a Bavsound iPod adapter for music and keeping the Business Stereo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you want to spend on a stable Android 4.2.2,get an Erisin 9746a, you can install it very quickly, there are tutorials on YouTube. You will need an AC control relocation bracket, you can buy one from ECS. You'll probably spend a little over $400.00 overall for the Nav system and bracket. You should upgrade your speakers too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you guys for the replay, yeah i would like to install nav system the cost is not a problem , i tried to google the erisin 974a but could not get ant result, could you please send me a link and if you have the part number that will be great,
thank you

·
Registered
69 Posts
thank you guys for the replay, yeah i would like to install nav system the cost is not a problem , i tried to google the erisin 974a but could not get ant result, could you please send me a link and if you have the part number that will be great,
thank you
Dude,
There's like a huge thread here on Erisin. Just search for it in the forums. Also, you searched 974a, it is Erisin 9746a, their website is

http://m.erisin.com/item_detail/494...r-GPS-OBD-BMW-3-E46-M3-Rover-75-MG-ZT#!detail

ECS tuning sells the relocation bracket. You also need plastic panel prying tools. You can get those from Amazon or Harbor Freight.
Do some basic research before you take your stuff apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chilton88,
thank you very much for your help really appreciate it , i got the link and i am going to order it, one more question as its android will it be fine for iPhone as well and will steering will work as well?
thank you again .

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey all
as i posted here yesterday asking about info on upgrading my sound system , i got an email from a user stating he have a dynavin for sale so i am wondering if its safe to deal with that or there is scam on here ?
thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys I have just bought my self a 318 E46 and am wondering if its worth all the trouble, trying to install the OEM sat nav and Bluetooth, I have done some quick figures and it will cost something like £300 or something around that (more) or if I should just buy an aftermarket one I have been looking at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-BMW-E46...6?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1c46ab4828

any help would be much appreciated_nr_

2221 - 2233 of 2233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.