E46 Fanatics Forum banner
181 - 200 of 2233 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
I purchased one of these a while ago. Everything works as advertised. Android, radio, bluetooth etc... The only problem I had was getting he wifi to work on the android side. It turned out that the wifi was NOT built in. So it is like they dynavin. you need a wireless usb modem. But I still had no luck with the wireless USB modem. That seemed to be the only problem for me.

I still have it if anyone wants to buy it off me. Brand new.
IT come with 3G modem from szenco.com.you can request about that.
http://www.szenco.com/contact.html

·
Registered
316 Posts
@Endless

I'm willing to trade you my wifi dingle that came w dynavin which sud work w ur unit in exchange for the gingerbread rom.

Pm me if ur interested.

let me know if you got the wifi to work. I could not get it to work on my unit. Where slot did you plug the USB modem? What brand etc..? Cause I tried everything and the wifi just wont work for me.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bmwomdg did u western union money to them? I've been reading a lot about this subject but need a little bit clarified. I wish to use this unit to connect my iPhone to and listen to music or pandora. Also watch occasional DVDs. Don't need anything crazy featured other than that. Would the cheaper windows enco-d146 work for me? I own a 00 323i no wheel controls or fancy stuff lol. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bmwomdg did u western union money to them? I've been reading a lot about this subject but need a little bit clarified. I wish to use this unit to connect my iPhone to and listen to music or pandora. Also watch occasional DVDs. Don't need anything crazy featured other than that. Would the cheaper windows enco-d146 work for me? I own a 00 323i no wheel controls or fancy stuff lol. Thanks
I know you asked bmwomd. But I used western union to send the money. Jolly is in contact with me daily and also declared a low value for the item so that customs wont charge me or slow the item down. I ordered the enco-b146 because I don't need the android and the other fancy stuff. Its still gonna be well worth the money. It will work for your application fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
111 Posts
i'm getting ready to order this. they do accept paypal. Didnt see if someone answered this but where are you guys buying your hvac relocation bracket? also has anyone hooked it up yet with the premium hk system? how is the sound? As long as its not any worse and the factory amp still works fine I will probably buy it this weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you asked bmwomd. But I used western union to send the money. Jolly is in contact with me daily and also declared a low value for the item so that customs wont charge me or slow the item down. I ordered the enco-b146 because I don't need the android and the other fancy stuff. Its still gonna be well worth the money. It will work for your application fine.

I wish I would have talked to Jolly. I worked with "Charles" and my unit is now sitting at customs being "processed" :banghead: running on three days now. really hoping they don't hold it forever...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I emailed them they said no Paypal. Thank you black for answering my questions. How much was it for the 146 model?
I got the enco-b146, rearview camera, and the SD card loaded with us maps, shipping included it totaled to 410.00. The unit is 320, camera is 20, SD card is 10. Shipping to us is 60. So if you leave the camera or SD off its cheaper. Jolly declared my value at 80 which was her recommendation. She chatted with me for quite some time on Skype. I used western union instant availability to pickup for 20 bucks and they had it same day. Super easy transaction and jolly is really helpful to answer any questions.

As for the relocation bracket, I purchased mine from j and t distributing, which was really expensive in my opinion, considering the other model that has individual spots was only 52$ compared to the one that nearly every BMW owner needs is 95$ but I guess if you are one of the only people to offer it, then you can charge whatever you please. I don't have any complaints though, because they processed me quickly and offer a product to make my life easy.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So I read through most of the thread but wanted to clarify one thing. I have an Iphone, so there wouldn't really be any benifit for me to get the android version since I can't tether to it or anything like that. If I want internet radio or anything like that I can just stream from my iphone over bluetooth to the enco-b146 correct? I would think my ideal setup would be similar to what ndblack ordered^^^.

Thanks for the help.

Also, how would this integrate with my harmon Kardon setup. Do I need to bypass the hk amp or anything?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I got the enco-b146, rearview camera, and the SD card loaded with us maps, shipping included it totaled to 410.00. The unit is 320, camera is 20, SD card is 10. Shipping to us is 60. So if you leave the camera or SD off its cheaper. Jolly declared my value at 80 which was her recommendation. She chatted with me for quite some time on Skype. I used western union instant availability to pickup for 20 bucks and they had it same day. Super easy transaction and jolly is really helpful to answer any questions.

As for the relocation bracket, I purchased mine from j and t distributing, which was really expensive in my opinion, considering the other model that has individual spots was only 52$ compared to the one that nearly every BMW owner needs is 95$ but I guess if you are one of the only people to offer it, then you can charge whatever you please. I don't have any complaints though, because they processed me quickly and offer a product to make my life easy.

What did you "loose" by going for the WinCE version instead of Android? I myself am also interested in WinCE version...I know Android is "the s**t" these days, but I don't need fancy stuff, I don't need 3G, internet connection, apps... I need different ways to play MP3, Bluetooth, Radio, touchscreen and the most important a lot of options for different GPS software. Soooo, since you opted for WinCE version yourself, do you think that I shouldn't be worried by not going for Android version? Thanks...I really need another fanatics' opinion...

·
Registered
149 Posts

Wait do you need to buy a relocation bracket to move the hvac? I thought the hvac sat in the glove tray compartment perfectly?

·
Registered
15 Posts
What did you "loose" by going for the WinCE version instead of Android? I myself am also interested in WinCE version...I know Android is "the s**t" these days, but I don't need fancy stuff, I don't need 3G, internet connection, apps... I need different ways to play MP3, Bluetooth, Radio, touchscreen and the most important a lot of options for different GPS software. Soooo, since you opted for WinCE version yourself, do you think that I shouldn't be worried by not going for Android version? Thanks...I really need another fanatics' opinion...
The only real thing you lose is the ability to do everything that a smartphone with android can do. I have an android based Samsung galaxy s 2 and love it. But I don't want to tether to my navigation unit because that makes my bill with att go up by a vast amount. The android version is hackable and easier to customize. Wince is for people that want a normal navigation, with the radio, Bluetooth, and DVD features. It still has all options such as amp outputs, camera abilities, replaceable maps, steering wheel controls and all of that. The android is mainly if you want email and such in your car.

The hvac relocation is not required, but nice to have. Mp3 can be played too.

181 - 200 of 2233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.