E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im going to try to get a hold of them and get pricing. Interestingly it's listed as coming with android 2.3 unlike 2.2 with Dynavin. The stability between froyo and gingerbread for my droidx was huge so it may help on this too if there are any issues currently.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just submitted this to them

1. Does this unit support OBD (on board diagnostics) for the BMW E46?
2. What bluetooth module do you use and is it phonebook compatible?
3. Does your unit have a dual radio tuner?
4. Do you have the user manual in a format that you could email to me? Preferable English but I will take it in any language available.

(I didn't ask about PDC since it is irrelevant on my car.) Probably should have for the benefit of those here.

They seemed to be pretty quick at answering my first inquiry about price which was as spage said $450+$70S&H.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
How 'bout a more more recent one

Looks like they are styling the UI a little after the iDrive

EDIT: Just noticed that this picture is of the B146 NOT the B046 in the OP. **Wonders what the differences are***

EDIT2: Perusing their site reveals about a half a dozen different model numbers. :hmm:
b146 is the WINCE version and is the same specs that dynavin offers whereas the b046 is the android with the superior specs.

As far as I can tell. Also the other model numbers are for different cars. It looks like they sell all the same models as dynavin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One more question. Does the WIFI interface work from a handset you have in the car? In other words, do I tether to my iPhone 4 or is a separate 3g plan required for it to have all usability?
It looks like the wifi is built into the unit so that it can connect to any wifi hotspot. So if your iPhone 4 can be a wifi hotspot then I would assume that it would work.

I am still waiting on answers from the company but I will be happy with a 24 hour response time since they are in a way different time zone. My last response came at about four in the morning.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update

Got a response to my questions and its all good news:

Engrish answers are in red.

1. Does this unit support OBD (on board diagnostics) for the BMW E46?
1,yes,it support.
2. What bluetooth module do you use and is it phonebook compatible?
2,bluetooth 2.0. and compatible with phonebook function.
3. Does your unit have a dual radio tuner?
3,yes
4. Do you have the user manual in a format that you could email to me? Preferable English but I will take it in any language available.
4,no have PDF file now,it only a book. yes.it is english version.

I went ahead and ordered one via alibaba and escrow so we shall see! $520 was the total.

If and when i receive the unit I will post pictures/video/review.

Probably will take two weeks at best.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't want to pee on you bonfire but I would take anything that the Chinese "salespeople" say with a large pinch of salt.

If these units had had OBD, phone book and dual radio tuner then those facilities would have been mentioned in the item description. Also, there is no sign of any OBD option in the screen shot.

IMHO, I doubt that these units have either OBD or dual tuner - phonebook is a possibility.

I also doubt that these are Dynavin units. The front ports are in different locations so the front PCB is at least different.

All that said, assuming that the unit works OK and the quality is good, then these are a good alternative to the Dynavin or Hualingan.

I look forward to your review and me being proven wrong :lmao:
Oh I am fully aware that I could be getting ripped off. Hence why I didn't spend any money that I couldn't afford to burn on it. I figure if it works out (or doesn't) I'm doing people here a favor and I'm getting a possibly superior product than anything else out there that I have come across.

As far as OBD not being in the picture I think is because the only picture that they have of this unit is the "NAV" side aka android side of the device which doesnt display the OBD.

And the PCB probably is different. It has a faster newer cpu, more ram and built in wifi.

I had a back and forth conversation with the guy for awhile and he seemed rather competent so I'm pretty optimistic at this point

I have a feeling that the next version of dynavin will be these specs :shhh:

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now go ahead and bash me.....:impulss:
Only an idiot would bash you for that :p

If dynavins specs where the same as this unit I would buy one even with the additional cost in a heart beat but I have this weird thing that makes me want the latest and great :banghead: so I'm willing at this point to go through the possible headache of this unit (read: no support from great dealers like you or others) for the possibility of a better performing unit... be sure to breath in that massive run-on :b:

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
They finally shipped my unit Monday and as of yesterday evening is sitting at customs in LA :/ I called DHL and they said that is pretty normal for electronics and should be processed in 1-5 days... Hoping to get it this week still!

If I do I will get it in Saturday and get a review up asap.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the Arm8 cortex is a better processor than the Arm11. I am also pretty sure the Arm11 was deemed obsolete because of its dual-issue shortcomings, which would make it slower, no matter the spec. (It also came out ten years ago.... remember the Samsung Omnia?... yah that old)

I also wonder if this unit is under-clocked just like the Dynavin, and they are simply displaying the hardware specs and not the capacity at which they are being used.

It does have more ram, but after seeing the age of the processor, I wouldn't be surprised if that was not a very meaningful number either.

I wish the Dynavin had the same wince UI along with gingerbread (maybe ICS!?), but I think the Dynavin internals make for a better product.
Well I'm not ashamed to admit when I am wrong.. you're right the arm11 is actually a ARMv6 whereas the dynavin has a ARMv7 trixsy ARM with their illogical naming schemes :facepalm:

Oh well I guess I'll just have to convince myself that I needed to save the money anyways... plus the extra RAM might make up for it in certain situations if switching between apps...

·
Registered
26 Posts
purchased 4days ago,Got it today,shipping was very fast.
Don't have time to write a full review yet, but this guy is legit.
just tested it was functions working well.and then then put on the shelf as sample to demonstrate,everyone can buy from them now. Get this you won't regret it, everyone that has seen the unit in my car is amazed by it's quality and the price.
Lucky! yours didn't get stuck at customs :p You ordered direct from szenco?

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you asked bmwomd. But I used western union to send the money. Jolly is in contact with me daily and also declared a low value for the item so that customs wont charge me or slow the item down. I ordered the enco-b146 because I don't need the android and the other fancy stuff. Its still gonna be well worth the money. It will work for your application fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
I wish I would have talked to Jolly. I worked with "Charles" and my unit is now sitting at customs being "processed" :banghead: running on three days now. really hoping they don't hold it forever...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im going to try bluetooth tether when my unit finally arrives... still stuck in customs but they said they will have it sorted today. I think it had something to do with me shipping it to my work place. I really hope they release a fix for the wifi because that is something I definitely need for tethering.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally received my unit! Will be installing it tonight and will follow up within the next few days with video of unboxing/installing/review. Let me know if there is anything specific you want checked.

Clark

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just an FYI I have the HK package in my car and it works fine with my B046 unit. I got it in last night and recorded the install, it will take sometime for me to edit the footage but I'll get it up here hopefully tonight or tomorrow (I think I'll start a review thread for the B046)

Initial impressions are good, my car has a big plastic "cover" behind the unit that made it very difficult to fit all the wires but I got it in.

Three issues

Wifi doesnt work (looks like there is a software fix coming)
The Steering wheel controls are intermittent (might be due to a loose connection, something could've been pulled loose during install)
Bluetooth MIC is weak/non existent (possibly a setting idk yet)

Other than that everything works great, thing I am most impressed with is how fast bluetooth connects to my phone for streaming pandora.

More info to come

Clark

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.