E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I would disregard this, but the price difference is just too huge to ignore. Has anyone tried the Enco B046?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/519290879/Android_car_dvd_player_pc_system.html

I order through Alibaba all the time at work and have had good experiences trading through them.

It looks like an exact clone of the Dynavin Android, for 1/3 of the price. My initial reaction was to disregard it, but if it runs Android and a 720Mhz Arm, then we know it is operationally solid. Only thing I am worried about is the screen and/or amp, if they are different at all.

Has anyone tried this unit? It looks similar enough to have been made in the same factory. For $320 (or $450 for Android version) it might be worth a gamble.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not that I have been able to find. I've hardly found any information beyond a spec/feature list, and a bunch of pictures. Everything is 100% identical to the Dynavin units, down to the choice in the OS, wattage, features, everything.

Here's what I'm really curious about : Is this a Dynavin clone, or is this Dynavin's supplier?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think so. These vendors usually use the post, so shipping is reasonable. It takes a few weeks though.

I've had good experiences ordering through Alibaba. My only reservation is that customer service will be impossible if anything goes wrong. But at this price, you can buy a second one and still come out ahead.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
OP please don"t do it. Trust me, its not worth the meager savings.
Based on what experience? And meager savings? Try less than 1/2 price, which is significant when you're talking about a $1000 head unit.

We've seen this with angel eyes and bumpers as well, and it turned out that they were coming off the same Chinese assembly line as the ones advertised here. I don't know if this is the case with these head units, but we will find out.

I'm grateful for those who have volunteered to be the guinea pig. This might end up being a great deal for a lot of us.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Jeff,

Thank you for posting in this thread, and thank you for being upfront about what the cost difference covers. Essentially: quick delivery, longer warranties, additional software, and post-sale support. I know all of those things are costly, and some profit has to be made in order to have a viable business model.

That information allows us to make an informed decision, dependent on our particular needs.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
this android thing is cool, but how useful is having android in your car radio? Do you start games while driving? facebook? I think you'll end up doing none of these things. I'd like to hear more about this but i am in no hurry to buy anything. the ce d99 is closer to what i want to upgrade to, but I'll wait. They'll get the windows automotive 7 in there sooner or later and that looks pretty good.
Updates, every new nav app, every new internet radio, wireless data transfer from phone, audio tuning apps, grooveshark apps, etc. Android is very useful on a car deck, especially if you have unlimited data on your phone and you tether.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
I think bmwomgdj will post a video review, so from what I understand, the android unit is not really useful since it doesn't support wifi connection, except of course if you take a 3g plan for your device which is ridiculously expensive here in Canada to pay for a 3g plan for your car and your cell phone...

If someone bought the win.ce platform can you also post a video review on it?

Concerning this, has anyone tried to tether internet via Bluetooth? This would seem like an easy workaround for the lack of Wifi support.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Now we can all play angry birds while driving ;-) Maybe we can all do an angry birds mod where if the person in front of us pisses us off or drives to slow, we can load the angry birds app and then have a giant "CAW CAWWWWWWW" bird fly out onto the car in front of us.

wouldn't that be sweet.
LOL... I'll be taming the roadrage using the CamGun app with the bumper camera :D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
No. As I mentioned very early, I think in page 5 wifi does not work. The only way to get internet is via a 3G modem. Which means you need to purchase a data plan to have internet in your car. You cannot tether or use the hotspot feature on your phone.

What about Bluetooth tether? Surely someone has tried to bluetooth tether their phone's internet connection.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Finally received my unit! Will be installing it tonight and will follow up within the next few days with video of unboxing/installing/review. Let me know if there is anything specific you want checked.

Clark
Very nice!

Do you have a rooted Android phone? If so, can you try Bluetooth internet tethering?

Hoang31 and wrayclark91, thank you both for volunteering to make videos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.