BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E46 320 se tourer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped
No fault codes (other than pad change code)
Turned it off twice already turns back on after around 20 mins of driving cleaned throttle bodies and ICV and still nothing new MAF sensor too please help its bugging the crap out of me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure if the Snapon reader you have is able to dig into the modules, but you'll usually pull more information from BW Scanner or INPA. I know that for my EML issue it's pointing me directly to the potentiometers on my throttle body.

Also, just out of curiosity, have you tried resetting the throttle body adaptation? It would be interesting to see if that clears it up after the TB and ICV cleaning. Easy to do with just your key and accelerator pedal.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,609 Posts
I should reset mine eml light came on but no codes
If the EML light is on, there ARE trouble codes. Seems your reader isn‘t seeing them.
As already mentioned, you need BMW Scanner 1.4 or INPA. There are links in the following thread for how to set them up.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,609 Posts
Cheers dawg
Cheers back at ya, mate!
I would get a K+DCAN and then set up BMW Standard Tools (see link below).
If ya like we can do a remote troubleshooting session (it’s free), I may be able to help you narrow it down. I do this all the time when updating DME or EGS software for forum members. Start a Conversation with me to get that going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts