BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have e46 330 convertible 2003
I have EML & DSC & BRAKE LIGHT on which put my car in limp mode ,if I restart the engine it goes but soon come back again .
I scanned , with two different scanner and" code 1500" come up on booth scanner ,which show the idle valve control stuck open. I had remove and clean twice , problem come back again .I bought the new ICV replaced but the problem still the same . Anyone with this experience can help me pls ??

·
Registered
BMW 320i 2002 e46 5spd manual RHD
271 Posts
Thanks
🤔 How I can do delete ?
In the very top there is a search bar, click it, now type in "icv delete" or "idler delete" or one of the many ways others could have asked, i read a thread on it about 2 days ago, loads of info, search is your friend :D

Also welcome to the forum m8!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the very top there is a search bar, click it, now type in "icv delete" or "idler delete" or one of the many ways others could have asked, i read a thread on it about 2 days ago, loads of info, search is your friend :D

Also welcome to the forum m8!
Thanks i will try to find

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Clogged cats can do this as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,889 Posts
Use BMW-specific software to look at trouble codes and live data from DME (engine computer) and DSC (traction control computer) for clues for why those dash lights are on.

You can look up BMW fault code descriptions here: bmwfault.codes

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have e46 330 convertible 2003
I have EML & DSC & BRAKE LIGHT on which put my car in limp mode ,if I restart the engine it goes but soon come back again .
I scanned , with two different scanner and" code 1500" come up on booth scanner ,which show the idle valve control stuck open. I had remove and clean twice , problem come back again .I bought the new ICV replaced but the problem still the same . Anyone with this experience can help me pls ??
Don't delete your ICV. It's there for as reason for Christ sake. What are you gonna do? Delete something every time you get a code? The 1500 could indicate a wiring fault between the ICV connector and the DME so check the wiring.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Don't delete your ICV. It's there for as reason for Christ sake. What are you gonna do? Delete something every time you get a code? The 1500 could indicate a wiring fault between the ICV connector and the DME so check the wiring.
Misfire codes. I'd probably delete spark plugs.

Problem solved!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not deleting ,I was just asking becouse I dont even know what it mean ,and how to do it . I was unplugged the icv this afternoon and the car was badly idling .Tomorrow Im taking to the garage to check the wiring that's gonna be the first step .
Thank you for advising .

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i
713 Posts
ICV is the Idle Control Valve, it is used to control air flow into engine at idle. So by unplugging as you've seen will affect idle.

Reactions: harizsole

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 760 K km
1,414 Posts
I'm not deleting ,I was just asking becouse I dont even know what it mean ,and how to do it . I was unplugged the icv this afternoon and the car was badly idling .Tomorrow Im taking to the garage to check the wiring that's gonna be the first step .
Thank you for advising .
It is not necessary that your idle valve is the reason. Bad MAF (or its bad connection) can cause such effect, and not throwing any related codes. Vacuum leak, slight one, also can be a reason.
Do not rush to replace parts though. Proper diagnostic and How to Smoke Test
always on your side. Also clean all connectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is not necessary that your idle valve is the reason. Bad MAF (or its bad connection) can cause such effect, and not throwing any related codes. Vacuum leak, slight one, also can be a reason.
Do not rush to replace parts though. Proper diagnostic and How to Smoke Test
always on your side. Also clean all connectors.
Thank you for your advise

1 - 14 of 14 Posts