E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Believe it!!!
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home today and all 3 of them turned on.

EML, DSC and BRAKE lights in my dash board. Has anyone experienced this before.

I hope there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, under two conditions.

1 - Brake fluid was low.

2 - Master cylinder was defective.

Check the first one yourself. If that's not it, the dealer will need to get involved.

Hope this helps.

- e46myway

·
2,190 Posts
could possibly also be the wheel speed sensors, I just got my car back an hour ago from getting just that fixed.

My speedo stopped working too...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to mine...

I am bringing my 01 325Ci for the same thing...
I can't figure out what it is so I called the dealer for an appointment...
It's sooooo weird....
The funny thing is, with ALL of these "warning" lights on, the car runs like NEW... must be a BMW thing...
Takes a beatin' and keeps in tickin, :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
403 Posts
BTW, BMW replaced my master cylinder.

The part that they used was a superceded part number. Meaning = the replacement isn't quite the same as that installed at the factory. The factory part number was no longer available.

The problem went away, but the brakes feel spongier now. It could be that the master cylinder wasn't right to begin with resulting in a faulty initial feel. At any rate, it was something that I have become accustomed to and other than having the problem to begin with, it is not an issue.

Let us know how it goes and what was up.

-e46myway

·
Registered
259 Posts
What does the EML light mean? That one along with the warning "A" light with the circle is coming on. Just curious if someone can tell me what these two lights mean, I can not find the owners manual due to not having problems with it at all! Aynone? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts