E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry need some help a bit Quick.

At the moment i Have the Dash apart at work trying to complete a stereo change but it's just not happening . I have removered the stereo and I have come across a problem with trying to remove the original harness from the back of the business radio cassette please can some one post a picture of how to fairly swiftly as i dont have to long to complete. U.K spec car if it makes any diofferance . A thousand apologies for asking .

Kind Regards:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Isn't there a little diagram on the back of the unit? It should show you to insert a flat blade srew drive to lever up the connector. Then, as the connector slides up it will move out and away from the back of the unit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No there is no diagram I shall go and have a try at what you suggest i just dont want to break anything off bit new at all this. sorry. thank you for your help though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I got a E46 325 and that is how mine came out. I am guessing the 323 is the same.

If you look at the side of the connector, you should see a couple of 'tracks' with a pin at one end. they should be this shape (from memory)

_______
/
0______/

That should show you which way the connector needs to move.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bracket that lifts up is that the part i sould grip and pull backwards to remove the connector if so it seems very tight.
if not what do i look for then

·
Registered
22 Posts
when you look down on the unit, the connector is in the rear left hand corner?? There should be a slot that you can put a screw driver in. LEver down, then the connector will slide up - at right angles to the wires that come out the back.

If it doesn't look like that, then maybe the 323 is different

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tesh Trying to geta hold of you chap please if you remember we have e-mailed before please send tel: no to my hot mail address dont want to give no. out on forum.

ah help at last

·
Registered
180 Posts
So QuickSilver - How did you get on with the new head unit?? how much better is it... what else are you planning to do to your system??

Tesh

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As you expected Tesh hiding the cables was the next problem behind the dash. I have not sealed it in yet as I want to Run the rest of the Phone hands free kit and Phono cables for amps so that I only do this once.
However the sound is much better but it seems to easy if you ask me for someone to nick the unit if they break in. but we will see.
The speakers can't keep up now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let me know if you need help on speakers... I am considering importing some Diamond Audio speakers from the states, but shipping isnt cheap... Perhaps if you want some too, we can do it in one order and spread the cost??

let me know...

·
yo mama
1,566 Posts
Quicksilver500 said:
Sorry need some help a bit Quick.

At the moment i Have the Dash apart at work trying to complete a stereo change but it's just not happening . I have removered the stereo and I have come across a problem with trying to remove the original harness from the back of the business radio cassette please can some one post a picture of how to fairly swiftly as i dont have to long to complete. U.K spec car if it makes any diofferance . A thousand apologies for asking .

Kind Regards:D
flip the lever & the its very hard to pull out still, you have to wiggle & pull, & it will eventually come out.. It was so hard that when it finally came loose, I dented my dash w/ the HU.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts