E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So my E46 (year 2004 330d) decided that the the one thing missing in my life is an electrical f*ckery.
I’ll try to explain as good as i can, and maybe someone has had this problem.
Pretty much my airbag light came on, and since then it shows different faults, everything works fine if the airbag light is off, but as soon as it comes on automatic wipers stop working, steering wheel buttons stops working, shows gearbox fault, turns on cruise control light.
But the best part is, it changes when i move my sunshade ( not sure if it’s the correct term) mirror cover, it lights up my brake lights etc. It’s so confusing but I hope the link with a video of the situation will explain it.
Also I’d like to apologize for my english😅.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hi,
So my E46 (year 2004 330d) decided that the the one thing missing in my life is an electrical f*ckery.
I’ll try to explain as good as i can, and maybe someone has had this problem.
Pretty much my airbag light came on, and since then it shows different faults, everything works fine if the airbag light is off, but as soon as it comes on automatic wipers stop working, steering wheel buttons stops working, shows gearbox fault, turns on cruise control light.
But the best part is, it changes when i move my sunshade ( not sure if it’s the correct term) mirror cover, it lights up my brake lights etc. It’s so confusing but I hope the link with a video of the situation will explain it.
Also I’d like to apologize for my english.
Didn't see much...how old is the cars battery? Over 4 years, maybe time for a new one...idk.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 325i Sedan
838 Posts
That sounds like a failing battery, bad ground strap, or bad connection somewhere in the "global" battery 12V/Ground wiring that feeds the whole electrical system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you have inpa i'd try going into the specific modules for codes / shadow codes then clearing them. doing so recently fixed most of my mysterious electrical gremlins

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
As others said to check battery for 12.6v minimum, and also it's worth to remove and clean the ignition switch contacts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, so thank you everyone for the information, changed the ignition switch and everything works normal again. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts