BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if this has ever been done on a BMW. what I mean by this would be a control in the cabin that could raise or lower the car by the push of a button. The exact system that the audi allroad uses. you can raise the car up for offroad/street use and you can lower the car down for highway/nicer look driving.

I want to know if anybody has ever looked into this, if I am dreaming in colour, just give me your opinions I find it an interesting thought.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,269 Posts
You could go with an airbag set up but your really sacrifing your handling at that point. Plus you would need room for the compressor in the trunk area. We have a 2000 Acura Tl here with a full air ride set up definately cool but not the owners daily driver!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but do we know how audi does it in the allroad? it uses airbags??? I don't think the would have compromized the handling for that... am I wrong?

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,857 Posts
ACS offers a system like that for the M5. I don't think anyone offers it for the E46 and if they did it would be insanely expensive.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts