E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a problem thats difficult to diagnose. Writing here to see if anyone got some good info and/or theories.

Got a 330iAT 2004 with msport2 package.

Soon after I got it the aftermarket bluetooth would start to disconnect. Seemingly randomly. I thing the bluetooth is one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-MP3-Adaptor-E36-E46-Business-Professional-Radio/dp/B01BBYTU2C

Then I started noticing that it might be connected to other electrical things turning on. I noticed that it would often disconnect when the vanity mirror light turned on.

The disconnect creates a static scratch sound in the speakers as when one would touch audio cables.

Also, my power mirrors are completely crazy. One mechanic I talked to had a theory that it might be water somewhere as theyre completely erratic. One theory he mentioned is that the sunroof could have created the problem as water isnt cleared correctly.

This got me thinking and although Im not sure it appears that possibly the problems, specifically with the bluetooth disconnect, are produced when the car is wet.

Looking forward to hear theories and thought. Not sure where to begin and mechanics werent either. Thank you!

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,679 Posts
I would start by removing the AM bluetooth device. I would 'guess' that it's been wired in the wrong way. Lots of hacks pulling power from wherever...and our cars seem to react negatively to AM electronic things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.