E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ofcourse the stealership came back and said that the issue is not related to their recall. So I’m going to go pick up the car tomorrow. They claim that the battery might be bad but I highly doubt that since I replaced it a few years ago and the car starts right up.

I’ll check out pin2 and possibly replace the ignition switch to see if that helps. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OP, you need to measure the ignition switch pin 2 for 12v when key is turned on, regardless if it’s old or new, as it supplies power to fuses F4 to F15.
Thank you so much for everyone’s help especially Sapote. I finally got around to checking this and it was indeed a bad ignition switch.

Pretty pissed though because I changed the ignition switch about 3 years ago and barely drive the car. Do they go bad that quickly ?

I love this car but feel like it’s such a pain in the ass sometimes. The parts are definitely cheap quality.

Either way I bought from Fcp the febi one so will return the bad one under lifetime warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts