E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed yellow 3000k fogs in my 1999 328i, and since then, about 50% of the time, when i start the car, and turn the fogs on, the gauges all fall completely, and it buzzes, and then returns to normal. Also, the warning beeping sound won't stop. Whenever this happens, I have to turn the car off, and start it again, then its fine! I checked the fog light fuse, and its fine. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got any links? or possibly just a post name? I was looking last night and didn't see anything! But really? Man, that's upsetting. I'm in college, so I don't make much money, and i've only had this car about 7 months, and I'm realizing that BMW's are extremely picky!!! lol

·
Shifting
31,677 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, I see. I'll check it out. Luckily I saved the halogen bulbs, so I can throw those back in. Too bad, cause I really like the look. Perhaps I'll try just the yellow film over the lens with halogen bulbs. Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, maybe I'll do that. But whats the difference between those 2500K and my current 3000K? Why do the 2500K work? Sorry about all of the questions, it's my first BMW. I've always had Jeeps, and Chevys, and they were really easy to work on. Since BMW's are more expensive to maintain, I don't want to cause any problems lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey, i had a similar problem with my 2002 330xi, i actually replace all the lights with HID's and ran into some serious problems. (fogs, lows and highs.) I ended up removing the High beams and putting the halogen bulbs back in since i didn't have the 1.4.0 scan tool to turn off the day light driving light feature. Anyway, the power surge from turning on my fog lights would kill all the electronics in my car for a second and fire back on. this would happen even if i had just flashed someone because the fog lights turn off when you flash and or turn on your brights. How i fixed it was installing capacitors on the fog light lines. believe they were 7$ for two on ebay. ever since then no more problems happened, since it basically shields the car's wiring from the HID ballast voltage surges. Hope this helps you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts