BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I am going to order an exhaust this weekend but I am not sure which one to get. It is either going to be an Eisenmann Race style exhaut or this UUC exhaust from KO performance. I am not sure if this is the TSE1 or the TSE2. Which exhaust do you guys think better in terms of sound and performance? ALso if I get the Eisenmann exhaust with 76mm tips or the UUC exhaust will they fit with my stock rear bumper?? Oh and one more question.... What are the "connecting pipe/sound pipe that eisenhaus offers for sale with there exhaust and do I need it??? Thanks for the input guys.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Eisenmann, they have a great tone and I havent heard of any droning in the cabin. I have 2x84mm tips and they still have room left, so the 76mm tips should fit.

The connecting/sound pipe replaces the second resonator (the resonator deadens the sound). I would say get the exhaust, and if its not loud enough for you, get the sound pipe later.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody have any sounds files of the eisenmann exhaust. I think I am going to buy it but I am just not sure of what size tips I want. What do you guys think??

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,694 Posts
uuc tse2...
Catback, better performance, load (somnetimes too loud), and i really like mine...lol...it took 30 min to put on my tse2...i dont know if eisman is catback? but if it is then damn...good luck!
-ALex

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
what are the viable catback exhaust systems for our cars?

i know the uuc one is an option, but i've heard mixed results for these on the site. i'd like to get a nice system in the spring :D

·
Resident CF Whore
2,810 Posts
Well... I asked this same question (or very similar to it) a week ago.
I didn't get much of my question answered, but I hope somebody answers you.

I heard only Borla and UUC provide catback for E46.
Not sure if there is more.
This thread got me wondering though...
Will 83mm tips fit under my '02+ ACS rear diffuser?

·
Der Meisterstück
2,495 Posts
Isn't all the available exhaust systems for our cars CAT back systems? The CATS on our cars are litterally attached to the exhaust manifolds. We're talking about the muffler section and not the exhaust mainfold/header section right?

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
our cats are on our headers. so for an exhaust for our cars to be cat-back, then they'll have to go all the way to the headers. UUC, Borla, and Eisenmann makes them. I think the Eisenmann ones cost like 1500 bucks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
He has a 323, only UUC. Borla and Greddy have cat back systems for 323/328. I've never seen a Greddy in person and the UUc and Borla both fit well it's just a matter of taste, Borla quieter than UUC.

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
I'm debating between the two systems myself. I like the fact that the UUC is a complete cat back system, so for me it's kinda head of the pack. I'm a little worried about the sound level, but that's all relative for some folks it may be too loud, while for me it may be just right. :dunno:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been trying to get someone to post a clip of the Eisenmann Race system on a 330Ci for some time now. If anyone has the clips, please post a vid. I'm looking for some clips from behind the car as it is taking off, as this is the best way to really hear an exhaust. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts